Potential WRX buyer in need of "the scoop"
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Potential WRX buyer in need of "the scoop" within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm considering buying a WRX and had a couple of questions for all you WRX loyalists. I recently took a ...

Question Potential WRX buyer in need of "the scoop"

I'm considering buying a WRX and had a couple of questions for all you WRX loyalists. I recently took a test drive and instantly fell in love with the power under the hood. What a fun ride!

Here we go...
    - Why did you buy your WRX over another car? Did you consider buying another kind of car when you were shopping for one? Which one(s)?
    - What features were/are most important to you?
    - What do you think now that you own a WRX? Does it meet/exceed your expectations? How?
    - When/how did you first become interested in the WRX?

Thanks much! I appreciate anything you can share with me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by calijayne View Post
    I'm considering buying a WRX and had a couple of questions for all you WRX loyalists. I recently took a test drive and instantly fell in love with the power under the hood. What a fun ride!

Here we go...
    - Why did you buy your WRX over another car? Did you consider buying another kind of car when you were shopping for one? Which one(s)?
    - What do you think now that you own a WRX? Does it meet/exceed your expectations? How?

I bought my wrx over any other car because there wasnt another car as fast as the wrx with AWD in the 25k range. I bought my STI over any other car because other then the EVO there isnt another car as fast for under 33k dollars. I didnt look at any other cars foolishly before buying my wrx or STI. Tried to test drive a SRT-4 but the dealer blew me off.

I enjoy the AWD, Turbo, and good handling. All the saftey crap is nice peice of mind also. Subaru doesnt offer any other options that I dont think you could find somewhere else other then the AWD, Turbo, and handling aspect of the car.

When I had my wrx it was just an okay car. Did everything well and did nothing perfectly. It is a great commuter car with a horrible transmission. The STI has fixed just about everything I didnt like my wrx. The STI has it's downfalls through.

I became interested in the wrx from a friend actually. He had a 92 loyale and basically converted me from mustangs to Subarus because of the abuse that sucker took and the AWD that subaru offered.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Here we go...

Welcome!

1) Too many reasons to list why I bought.

2) Performance, in a wide variety of situations, was most important to me.

3) My expectations were meet and/or exceeded, especially when I went from my WRX to the STi.

4) I was practically always "interested" in Subarus but that old commercial with the WRX winding up the mountain road caught my attention and then I saw one in person that some one else owned and it made my pants get tighter.
    Last edited by TheJ; 03-31-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Basically I see the WRX as being a good mix between economy,pefromance, and practicality.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Here we go...

-I bought mine, because I wanted a faster car than my civic, and the two door, rwd 350Z was a no-go with the parents.

-The all wheel drive, turbo, and the racing style seats are what I was looking for.

-Now that I am getting better at driving this car, I am learning that this car is very quick and it is very cool to drive around in any weather. I drove around in my car the second week I had it in seventeen (17) inches of snow and I did alright. I had no problem once I started rolling.

-My friend was always obsessed with the STi and its supposed 300hp. I saw those oil commercials with the golden wave of horses running alongside the STi, and I fell in love. I played lots of racing games (gt4, Rally Racing, etc.) and I loved how they looked, handled, etc. When I finally went to look at these cars, I was not allowed to get the STi because of my Dad, so I drove the WRX and i was entirely satisfied.

You will not be disappointed. I get soo many compliments on my car from random people in my town, and the ladies really like how sleek and sexy they look...
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, I had owned several Honda Civic Si's and no matter how much bolt on stuff I bolted on to my Si, when I went to the track and got my butt handed to me by a stock WRX. I had to have it. So I bought my 05, my ex wife made me sell it. So I vowed to buy another. I eventually did. This time for now money was an object so I bought just a used WRX until I can get into an STi. I looked at a VW Rabbit I liked all the features they offered for dam cheap!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

is it a process for wrx owners to own a civic first? Mines still in the driveway...complete motor swap and turbo kit, trying to sell it haha

Quote Originally Posted by scubby View Post
    is it a process for wrx owners to own a civic first? Mines still in the driveway...complete motor swap and turbo kit, trying to sell it haha
    haha, i sold my civic to buy my wrx. I was looking at the rsx-s and the srt4 before I bought my wrx, main thing that swayed me is that it was appealing from a professional aspect. The srt4 looks to racey, and a 2 door hatchback will be no good in the future if I have to host clients etc. the wrx has 4 doors and looks like a regular sedan, and I can womp on it and have a good time as well. I am not very happy about the stories I hear about the tranny so I have done no mods to mine. Im saving my pennies for an 06 6 speed swap so I can really womp on it then!

Here we go...

Good call on the WRX!

I bought my WRX over any other car because the parents loved the AWD and i loved the turbo, I was looking at the srt-4 but am very glad that i ended up with my REX.

The AWD is second to none! launching is a thing of beauty and i greatly enjoy doing it.

I love my WRX more then ever and it still exceeds my expectations as day by day i roll with faster bigger name cars and get nothing but respect and a couple of dropped jaws

I first became interested in the WRX when my former co worker had his 02 bugeye engine swapped and pushing ~400 awhp and took me for a spin, and let me just say i was obsessed and still am

Thats just me but my WRX is my baby and recommend it to anyone

Welcome to the forums!

- I bought my car because it offered more performance than the other cars I was looking at. They included the VW GTI, Honda Prelude, and Acura RSX. I was mostly looking at compacts that were still somewhat practical. (I also was pretty seriously looking into a 1987 Porsche 924S, but that definitely failed the practical/reliable test.)

- Manual transmission, decent power and handling, and some practical storage space were the key factors for me. The need for storage space was what pulled me towards my wagon.

- The car has met my expectations. It is not the fastest car around or the best handling, but it was practical while still outperforming most of it's direct competitors. It would be nice if the paint was in better shape, but given the high miles on my car I'd say I'm definitely satisfied by the reliability.

- I first became interested when I saw the ad campaign when they first came out in the US. It was right after I got my drivers' license, so naturally I took a liking to it. It wasn't for another 4 years until I got it, but it was a pretty obvious choice to look at when I was shopping for a newer car.

Good luck with your search...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.