Insurance for WRX's and STI's
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 123456789101151 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just went through a progressive insurance rate quote online, and the price was actually 10 dollars more a month ...

insurance rates: wrx=STi??

I just went through a progressive insurance rate quote online, and the price was actually 10 dollars more a month to insure a WRX!!! Maybe since more younger, inexperienced drivers buy and wreck WRX's that compensates for the power difference that I thought would make the STi cost a lot more to insure??? Either way, very interesting. BTW I am a 25 year old male living in CT with a clean record and the quotes were both about 250 a month.
    catless Cobb stage 2

"That's only a v-4! My v-6 will beat you anyday" - dumbass

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My father-in-law is an insurance agent so he hooked me up, but right now I'm paying about 1600/yr for full coverage. Granted, I'm 27 and my car is an 02.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

I am paying about 1700 a year for full on an 06 WRX and I am 25. I seem to remember there was a bit of a difference between it and the STi and the Evo. Insurance companies come up with there rates in strange ways. I remember looking at bike insurance and with some it was more for me to insure an old gs 1100 than a gsxr 750 because they worked mostly off displacement when it came to bikes.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I got both insurance quotes for a 2005 Subaru WRX and a 2004 WRX STi with about the same miles on AIG Auto Insurance and i would be paying around $470 every 6 months or $130 every month for the STi and around $113 for the WRX monthly. Thats with i think almost full coverage..
    "Word, watch my back?"
    W R X ..mmmmmm

I live in MA, so the insurance situation is a lot different than anywhere else. Nonetheless, my premium is about the same as you all. $1622 for "full" coverage (collision and comp, $500 deductible for both). I'm going to ask my insurance agent what my savings would be with a $1,000 deductible.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I just turned 23 and i have 2 points on my license. I live in PA and the insurance on my 06 sti is through the roof. Its about 350 per month granted that the car is a lease so i have to have a certain amount of coverage otherwise it would be much cheaper. But thats what i got to deal with if i want to drive my sti and yeah its def worth it to me. later fellas

I got quoted a little over $1200 a year for full coverage ($500 deductible) on an '06 STI when I was looking into getting one last fall (around August/September). This was with me being 32, a clean record and also having a home and my wife's '05 Forester XT through them as well.

Granted now, we live in rural Northwestern PA, so our rates are probably a lot cheaper than other areas.

I'll be curious to see, if I can get an Evo MR this summer like I hope, what my payments will be on that. I'll be 33 by then, but other than that there won't really be any other changes that I can think of that will affect the rate.

But who knows exactly how they figure they're rates...

My insurance company quoted me equal rates for the WRX and STI.

Now if only I could trade up to an STI...can't do it...must be...responsible...

Here in Oregon my rates have fluctuated pretty bad, I started out paying 144/mo full coverage with 500 deductable for my STI back in 04, this went up to 177/month last year, then at the beginning of this year it went down to 133/month. I am 28 with 1 speeding ticket in the past 5 years..
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

I'm switching to esurance... very cheap and I've heard not that bad
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I pay $185 a month for my SRT with full coverage and $500 deductable. When I switch over to the Evo, my insurance guy got me $160 a month for full coverage. I'm 22 and in NC, but all my stuff is registered in FL.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

i can't believe how much people are paying for insurance...

i guess i'm really lucky or i got a good person helping me...

$518 for 6/mo - that comes out to $86 and some change each month, 2 accidents (not-at-fault) 2 spd in last 5yrs (1 in last 3+ years) and i just turned 26

full coverage and $500 deductible

oh yeah...05 sti and portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004
    I pay $185 a month for my SRT with full coverage and $500 deductable. When I switch over to the Evo, my insurance guy got me $160 a month for full coverage. I'm 22 and in NC, but all my stuff is registered in FL.
    Gee.... I'm sorry man
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

WRX insurance

I'm sure this has been covered multiple times but who has the cheapest rates?
    Progressive direct was the cheapest: qouted me for 120 a month basic coverage

stp,mn

qoute for 02 wrx wagon

anyone else got cheaper rates?

2002 wrx sedan in ak

in alsaka i pay 120 per month for full coverage with zero deductable on comp and 250 collision....at age 25 with statefarm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.