Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 9
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Where does an STi fit into there? I thought they were a lot more to insure than a wrx....

Where does an STi fit into there? I thought they were a lot more to insure than a wrx.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh goody I went from # 4 to #9. Honestly I'm surprised the Z isn't #1 considering the awe inducing number of accidents involving asinine activities. Plus I think it has the second highest number of fatalities or something.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude2WRX View Post
    Just sharing some info I found on msn.com

Most expensive models to insure
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
    Mercedes CL-Class
    Dodge SRT-4
    Subaru Impreza WRX

Jaguar XK (convertible)
    Lexus IS 300
    Honda S2000
    Acura RSX
    Nissan 350Z
    Jaguar XJ

It is sad that wrx is on it. This just means that people need to learn how to drive these cars better. There are people with fast cars and then there are few who know how to drive them right. Evo is 1. Let me know what u think.
    I own a 2005 350Z and 2002 WRX. Full coverage on both.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I wonder why a BMW M3 wouldn't fit in there? Thats kinda odd...I know they have great safety ratings, but they are expensive cars and are some of the best overall performance cars there are...so you "could" crash them as easily as an Evo or a 350z. Any BMWs also are VERY expensive to repair in the case of any accident because BMW likes to use their reinforced crumple zones which basically means the car turns into an accordian anywhere there aren't occupants so it absorbs inpact in crashes.

...I guess more of a "refined" or older crowd are the ones who primarily own M3s, keeping there rates a little lower.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    This is of no surprise....it's towards the top of each and every list for the past several years.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I wonder why a BMW M3 wouldn't fit in there?

You find a lot of punk kids ripping around your town in M3's?

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    +1 everything on the list (excpet maybe the CL and the 2 Jags) are there as a result of the people who drive them.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    Not in my town, but in many others I do actually...but if you reread my statement, I already gave homeage to the fact that many "refined" or older people drive M3's as opposed to younger and less experienced, or irresponsible drivers....
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    I sure wish F-bodies were still being made, I think if they did we'd have a bit more competition.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Yeah when i went to my insurance company, they told me that subaru impreza's are expensive to insurance. Alot of young adults race and wreck them.

She said pretty much if your under 25 years old, you are paying high premiums!

When I get my '07 WRX LTD tomorrow (hopefully everything goes okay) i will be paying around $338/month... sucks but what can you do??

-jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Yeah when i went to my insurance company, they told me that subaru impreza's are expensive to insurance. Alot of young adults race and wreck them.

She said pretty much if your under 25 years old, you are paying high premiums!

When I get my '07 WRX LTD tomorrow (hopefully everything goes okay) i will be paying around $338/month... sucks but what can you do??

-jeff-
    one more year and I'll be golden!

I have a bad record when it comes to driving...no DUI's or anything, but I lost my license for speeding in trip digits when I was 18. Also have a slew of other speeding tickets...but I only pay $220 a month on an STI with full coverage!...I can't wait til that goes down a little bit more!

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post

-jeff-
    Congrats on the anticipated arrival of your new Subaru!
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Statistics dictate insurance rates. Id gather theres not enough 'punk' M3 drivers out there to warrant higher rates on them, just like any fast car. Subarur WRX's being one of the most powerful cars for the money, it only makes sense that they probably have a higher statistic of younger drivers who buy them, and accidents to go along with that immortal young spirit.

:\
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

My 03 Evo was less expensive to insure than my 02 S2000, so that list isn't entirely true.
    Last edited by Chirish; 05-12-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirish View Post
    My 03 Evo was more expensive to insure than my 02 S2000, so that list isn't entirely true.
    Well the EVO is number one on that list so if its more than the S2000 that would be right.
    FORZA FERRARI