Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 48
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jilty I called my insurance agent through state farm last week to see what I was looking ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jilty View Post
    I called my insurance agent through state farm last week to see what I was looking at payment wise for full coverage. I explained its a 2013 and described the model blah blah. He couldnt find any WRX related, just impreza. I replied with "how about a 2012 model? Im sure it is relatively the same." Still nothing. I was quoted at 75 dollars a month on a 2013 Impreza. My concern is since he couldn't find a WRX tag in the database....am I looking at paying more for the WRX over the Impreza?

BTW. I am 26. No accidents. Clean record. Have 3 other vehicles on my insurance and my house is covered.
    I think you need a new agent. State Farm quoted my '12 WRX along with other vehicles before my purchase. It was in their database, then. They did not win my business, as they were 20% higher than my current provider, but other than that, the quote process went smoothly.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    I just turned 35 my 07 STI is $136 a month through Progressive . I have not done any ins shopping in quite awhile
    Wow...I'm surprised Progressive has you that high. I'm at $100 a month for a 05 STI with them. I was at $120 a month for my first STI, which was an 07.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Mike I just rembered as well that the price is also for comprehensive coverage on my 94 Cobra Mustang. I'll have to look at what my actual rate is just for the STI but I'm sure its close to your $100 as well.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Ahhh gotcha. Yeah that's not bad for two vehicles then
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Its just storage coverage, when I put full coverage on the other one it goes up by a little more then $100 a month but right now I'm just paying full coverage on the subaru

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys got me curious to look it up. Currently paying $470/year for full coverage on the 2002 WRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Just an update on what I said last night. I called today, explained what happened last time, that I dont expect a 2013 model thats not released yet to be in the database, but go off of a 2012 instead, problem solved. I was told full coverage is 83 dollars a month. Im pretty happy with that. Thankfully I have multiple items covered.

For just the STI its $115 per month for the year. Had to look it up I was getting to curious

NuG
    Just insured my 2013 wrx, $440 every 6 months, full coverage with 500 deductibles for physical damage. Multi car discount, auto/home discount, 32 years old, clean record.

I just got a quote for $627 every 6 months for a 2013 WRX hatchback. I'm 50, live in Lousiana, clean record.
    Mark

2013 WR Blue WRX Hatchback in the garage

I just registered and insured my 03 WRX for $903 a year.

NuG
    Quote Originally Posted by voodeaux View Post
    I just got a quote for $627 every 6 months for a 2013 WRX hatchback. I'm 50, live in Lousiana, clean record.
    Voodeaux - sounds high, which carrier? I go through Travelers, which beat AAA by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by NuG View Post
    Voodeaux - sounds high, which carrier? I go through Travelers, which beat AAA by a mile.
    I have Progressive. Insurance is pretty high in Louisiana.

Edit: NuG, I just looked it up. Louisiana is the 2nd highest in the country for insurance, behind only Michigan.
    Last edited by voodeaux; 09-07-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    Mark

2013 WR Blue WRX Hatchback in the garage

Re: Insurance for WRX's and STI's

$680/6 months full coverage for 02 wrx with 3000 added for extras on vehicle, and a 2000 ford xlt. I'm 20, married, havent had a ticket for 2 years, she hasnt had one for 1 year. Alsp we used the snapshot through progressive, and have renters with them.

Carrier - USAA (the catch with USAA is you have to be related to someone in a service branch who currently has USAA to be eligible)
    Rate - $170/month, 2 speeding tickets on record, one at fault accident (was $102/month pre-accident)
    27 year old single male in CA
    -Coverages: 100/300 BI 100k PD COMP 100 ded COLL 500 ded MED, ERS, RENTAL and all available UM covgs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.