Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 45
Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you do realize we have 17 year old STi drivers here right?...

I Support ClubWRX
    you do realize we have 17 year old STi drivers here right?
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    mine recently went up. [boo]

$1680/year
    no tickets no accidents

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    I checked out our last statement...seems that my premiums have actually dropped. I'm paying ~$30/month for the 2002 WRX, for Liability/Collision/Comprehensive. Getting old is swell.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    mine recently went up. [boo]

$1680/year
    no tickets no accidents
    That sucks! did they say why?

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I checked out our last statement...seems that my premiums have actually dropped. I'm paying ~$30/month for the 2002 WRX, for Liability/Collision/Comprehensive. Getting old is swell.
    yeah, but you have multiple vehicles + married + god knows what else.

Though, yes, getting old does have a few perks. Last year, shortly after my birthday, my insurance agent sent me a letter that they were lowering my monthly premiums, with no explanation (I was not gonna argue). Right now I'm payen $88 a month for Liability/Collision/Comprehensive with a few other bells/whistles. The funny thing is that I paid about $30 more a month for my old tC.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by norazi-j View Post
    I'm 25. 2004 STi. Full coverage, $500 deductible. I pay about $79 a month through Farmers.
    Did you have the car and that insurance before you turned 25? Just curious what the difference was when you ticked over to the lower insurance bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by junior532 View Post
    It also hurts that I am a 21 year old male, but I have no speeding tickets or accidents, which is why I still feel that ~$2200 annually is sky high.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Insurance rates are all relative. Younger drivers below 25 are considered high risk by insurance companies so your rates will be higher even if you do not have any violations.
    Yup that's critical along with your record. If you're under 25 your insurance will be high, especially if you drive a car in the insurance class of a WRX. I bet your insurance on an STI would be at least 50% more through the same company or even double.

Now if you're an old man like me, your rates can still be sky high if you've got a lot of tickets. At one point I was paying $1400/month in insurance. Don't even ask how many tickets I had..... Most companies wouldn't even insure me and I had to call about 20 companies to find one that would.

Yeah that's what my co-worker was telling me about today as well, having your house/multiple cars on one policy drastically lowers it.

Guess I'll just have to pay the price until I turn 25.
    You usually only get a 10% discount for multi-policy, and that comes off the lowest-priced policy you have, which will generally be your homeowners. Your car insurance will stay exactly the same.

You'll be very happy to see the insurance decrease when you turn 25!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    for me, pre and post 25 rates were about the same cost, but for better coverage.... Under 25 I was paying about $135 for state minimum liability only....at 26 I was paying about $125 for full coverage.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Car: 2012 WRX hatch
    City: Pittsburgh, PA
    Insurance: Erie Insurance Co
    Coverage: Full
    Deductible: $150
    Monthly payment: $55

I hear you, im at $2,000 a year through progressive, and im 19. :/

I just joined the WRX community with my purchase of a 2012 WRX in April. I was a Legacy GT driver before getting my rex, and have to say I'm glad I finally moved up to the WRX.

I recently received my new insurance quote after moving to a new state (Kansas). I was quoted at $2,163.37 (through Safeco) annually by my insurance agency. This seemed awfully high compared to my previous premiums, and what I've read on this site.

I know it depends on the coverage, this was for a $500 deductible, though I know with a $1000 deductible it would drop down to ~$1800 annually. It also hurts that I am a 21 year old male, but I have no speeding tickets or accidents, which is why I still feel that ~$2200 annually is sky high.

What are you fellas paying annually in insurance premiums?

$1100 through state farm, I'm 26

Just under $1100 a year with Geico in NY. I wish I could put my Buell on Geico or my car on Progressive (which is what the bike is on now), so I'm only dealing with one insurance company, but it seems Geico hates motorcycles, and Progressive hates Subaru's... They are both ridiculously expensive compared to one another for the respective category.
    Last edited by MotorOilMcCall; 08-01-2012 at 11:59 AM.

$1320/yr on a 2012 WRX through Geico in SE Virginia and I'm 23 w/ a clean record. Also, I opted for $250 deductables, higher medical and damage coverages, etc. Some advice for WRX owners, Geico does not stipulate between Imprezas and WRXs (yet) which I why I think their rates are so low. Other insurance agencies do have different rates for Imprezas and WRXs and tend to be very high (ie. my quote through Progressive was over $1800/yr with higher deductables, lower medical and damage coverages, etc.).
    2012 WRX OBP Hatchback

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    $720 a year thru USAA.
    That's on a 03 with 157,000 miles.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I have no deductible lol

$850 yr/Wawanessa - 2012 WRX

mine is about $145 a month or $1750 a year. Im 18 YEARS OLD and i have a clean record. Its full coverage as well!
    MODS THUS FAR
    Legal tinting all around ~ Debadged except for the WRX
    Painted Side Moulding (WRX) ~ NAMELESS Axelback Muffler Deletes

MODS On the way/Wanted
    FLAPATAX Mud Flaps ~ RED MUTEKI Lug Nuts