Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 44
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my 1989 Ford Crown vic with 33k miles i was driving i had the insurance under my moms and ...

On my 1989 Ford Crown vic with 33k miles i was driving i had the insurance under my moms and still paid $100 a month for that P.o.s so paying about $230 isn't that much of a shock to me for a brand new car and again I know people would say I'm crazy but this car is all I've wanted in my life so having a more money and a econobox would not make me happy. Thats what driving is all about enjoying the experience you get the second you get in your car and where it takes you
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey like I said, if it makes you happy, that's all that counts!

When I first bought my first STI, I was 23. It was brand new, and I was paying $180 a month for it in insurance. I then moved out a year and a half later, and Progressive quoted me near $300 for the same car, and I was 24, almost 25. I dealt with it for a bit, but it was overwhelming. I was paying almost $700 for a car (including the bank note). After another 6 months, I had to unload my STI cause I just couldn't do it anymore. Traded down for a 2003 350z, paying only $320 a month for the car, and only $120 a month for insurance, I was paying half of what I was before. Couldn't take not having an STI only a year later, and found my 2005 STI. Then got quote for $100 a month. Bastards. Had I never had to pay $300 for insurance on the first STI, I would still have it now
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Just got my quote done with State farm and it's $56 a month. Was quite happily surprised, as I was paying $53 a month, same full coverage, for 2010 Honda Insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I don't understand that "dream car" thing with a WRX. They are very easily attainable and mass produced. There really isn't anything dreamy about that. To put it in perspective, I pay $277/mo...for 4 cars. 3 of which have full coverage.
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "very easily attainable and mass produced." When I was buying my 2012, I had to have it shipped from over 12 hours away because it was the closest one to me (and also the only one at that dealership); I don't live in the middle of nowhere either, I am right on the coastline in Virginia. I can confidently say that it was not "very easily attainable."

Either way, if the WRX is his dream car then good for him because he got it. I have a few dream cars too but I know that I will never be able to afford them, that's why the WRX is my "dream car" within my current budget.
    Last edited by j6neal1; 08-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    2012 WRX OBP Hatchback

I wanted a STI, that was no where within 200 miles

Lucky a WRX 'fell in my lap'
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by j6neal1 View Post
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "very easily attainable and mass produced." When I was buying my 2012, I had to have it shipped from over 12 hours away because it was the closest one to me (and also the only one at that dealership); I don't live in the middle of nowhere either, I am right on the coastline in Virginia. I can confidently say that it was not "very easily attainable."

Either way, if the WRX is his dream car then good for him because he got it. I have a few dream cars too but I know that I will never be able to afford them, that's why the WRX is my "dream car" within my current budget.
    How do you know know what I mean by that? Perhaps you should read a dictionary? They aren't that hard to come by. The newer ones are harder to get because of a small little incident they had in Japan. I believe it was called a tsunami...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

No wrx (yet), but I'm 23 with a 99 camaro. 1 speeding ticket and no accidents and I pay about $49/month. I can't wait to see what it goes up to when I buy my wrx

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    How do you know know what I mean by that? Perhaps you should read a dictionary? They aren't that hard to come by. The newer ones are harder to get because of a small little incident they had in Japan. I believe it was called a tsunami...
    Perhaps you should read the first sentence of my post. "I'm not really sure what you mean by "very easily attainable and mass produced."

And it was my impression that we were talking about "newer ones" because you had replied to a kid that bought a 2012 model...correct?
    2012 WRX OBP Hatchback

I Support ClubWRX
    I think ours has creeped up a bit lately - probably time to switch providers. If you stay with one for too long they inflate you irresponsibly IMO. Especially the ones who advertise real low rates in comparison to their competitors (geiko for sure). They just try to hook you in then slowly bump you up over the average rate.

I think ours is getting up in the $800 range for both cars and two drivers. Unacceptable.

Drew's - you pay over $3K a year? I think you are losing your own argument (but haven't read everything carefully, just a quick skim).
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I'm 18 and I just got a quote from Geico. 18 year old guy, good student discount, EMS company discount, both parents on Geico and have no accidents, I have no accidents, I did defensive driving, and I only commute around 30 miles total in a day or so to work. I take the train to school.

....$960 a year for me!!! I feel like I made out like a bandit!
    Production Assistant located at DRIVE, working on Fast Lane Daily on YouTube
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE
    www.YouTube.com/FastLaneDaily

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Drew's - you pay over $3K a year? I think you are losing your own argument (but haven't read everything carefully, just a quick skim).
    For 4 cars, 3 of which have full coverage and a pretty significant medical coverage and low deductibles. I'd have to look it over to see exactly what is covered but I have almost all the options you can other than rental reimbursement. I'm giving USAA another 6 months of business to see if our rates drop significantly after buying a home, Lindsay will be over 25, and we're probably going to get married to take advantage of the military benefits ASAP since we're already planning our wedding for next August. So, we'll see if they come around, I'll start shopping for quotes once we get married to see what some local agents can get for us if USAA doesn't do better. If it were just the WRX and the LGT it would be roughly $1000 a year.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by j6neal1 View Post
    Perhaps you should read the first sentence of my post. "I'm not really sure what you mean by "very easily attainable and mass produced."

And it was my impression that we were talking about "newer ones" because you had replied to a kid that bought a 2012 model...correct?
    Well, now that 2012 ordering has closed, I'm sure you can walk into any dealership and say, "I would like to order a 2013 WRX please." You fill out a form, give them some money and then you wait until your mass produced Subaru rolls off the line, is put on a boat, and comes to the US. Pretty simple if you ask me.

23yr old. On my own plan, title in my name. State farm, good driver/student/accident free discounts. (the good student one is like 170$ off!!!) 02 WRX, prior salvage title, 92$ a month. Those discounts add up

31yr old male Pennsylvania $88 a month
    Had Geico with my older car and it jumped $600 more a year for my WRX.
    Called State Farm, now I am paying only $100 more.
    I'm getting married next June, I heard that it should drop then.

I called my insurance agent through state farm last week to see what I was looking at payment wise for full coverage. I explained its a 2013 and described the model blah blah. He couldnt find any WRX related, just impreza. I replied with "how about a 2012 model? Im sure it is relatively the same." Still nothing. I was quoted at 75 dollars a month on a 2013 Impreza. My concern is since he couldn't find a WRX tag in the database....am I looking at paying more for the WRX over the Impreza?

BTW. I am 26. No accidents. Clean record. Have 3 other vehicles on my insurance and my house is covered.