Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 43
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah... When I got my quote from their website they didn't have "Impreza WRX" on the list so I decided ...

KHP
    Yeah... When I got my quote from their website they didn't have "Impreza WRX" on the list so I decided to give them a call.

I insisted the agent look the car up via the VIN# and told him my accident history. With that information I was surprised that the quote dropped in price. The price seems so tempting, but on the other hand I don't want to get shafted later on.

If I go for Geico do they have the right to charge additional fees without informing the policy holder that the agreement changed? I feel like there's a catch since they're offering me insurance for less than half the price of other insurance companies.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    When I got my quote online,I also didn't find any mention of the WRX.It just says "subaru impreza" on the website.I just used my VIN & got the photo inspection done afterwards .Based on your VIN they should know what model car it is.

I don't see any reason for them to change the quote.Even if they pull a fast one on you,which I doubt they will,you can always switch to another insurance provider mid policy & they are obliged by law to return your money minus the amount for the period that they provided you with coverage.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Insurance rates are all a wonderful game... I used to have a company in Boston that changed my rates on a monthly basis, if not more frequently. It wasn't by small amounts either, often several hundred a year or more. I finally dropped them after all these shenanigans (funny movie btw) and they had the nerve to come back to me after I cancelled the coverage and say "Well actually your rate for the last 2 months was wrong and it was really higher, so you owe us $250 in back insurance." Not surprisingly, a couple of months later I saw a profile of them somewhere talking about how they were defrauding lots of customers. They had kept bothering me for the money, so after I saw that I wrote them a letter return receipt detailing their corrupt practices and threatening to take them to court to recover the money they owed for overcharging me. I never heard from them again.

I tried to use Geico once for insurance, the first time I bought a new car. I was 21 and finishing up my senior year of college in Boston (1999). I had special ordered one of the new style VW Passats with exactly the options I wanted from a dealer in Albany. It was a Thursday and I called Geico to get insurance, but they would only send paper copies of the insurance cards (no fax or email or any other option). I had to bring them with me to the dealer on Monday to get the car registered and pick it up, which meant taking a bus from Boston to Albany and getting picked up by the dealer at the bus station. These days all of this stuff can be done electronically, but this was in the days of dinosaurs (i.e. fax machines were still standard). I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Geico doing everything I needed to get the policy and have the insurance cards overnight mailed to the dealer, including giving them a credit card to charge the overnight shipping to.

I had everything set up to go pick up the car and called Geico back the next day (Friday) to confirm the cards had went in the mail. Well would you believe that not only had they not sent them, but they had absolutely no record of me ever calling them. They only had a placeholder quote in the system I'd done a few days before with somebody on the phone when I was comparing rates. Thankfully I was able to scramble at 4 pm on a Friday and get somebody else to write a policy and send the cards overnight Saturday delivery to the dealer.

That's the last time I'll use Geico.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

KHP
    Yeah this whole thing got my head spinning. With all my concerns I decided to look up insurance company reviews(ones that I listed above). Well I was hoping to get some ideas on people experiences and all the insurance companies average 3 out of 5 stars lol. Which doesn't help.

I literally feel like I'm playing Russian roulette with insurance companies. Decisions... Decisions... Decisions... Which insurance company will I take to bed.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Insurance rates are all a wonderful game... I used to have a company in Boston that changed my rates on a monthly basis, if not more frequently. It wasn't by small amounts either, often several hundred a year or more. I finally dropped them after all these shenanigans (funny movie btw) and they had the nerve to come back to me after I cancelled the coverage and say "Well actually your rate for the last 2 months was wrong and it was really higher, so you owe us $250 in back insurance." Not surprisingly, a couple of months later I saw a profile of them somewhere talking about how they were defrauding lots of customers. They had kept bothering me for the money, so after I saw that I wrote them a letter return receipt detailing their corrupt practices and threatening to take them to court to recover the money they owed for overcharging me. I never heard from them again.

I tried to use Geico once for insurance, the first time I bought a new car. I was 21 and finishing up my senior year of college in Boston (1999). I had special ordered one of the new style VW Passats with exactly the options I wanted from a dealer in Albany. It was a Thursday and I called Geico to get insurance, but they would only send paper copies of the insurance cards (no fax or email or any other option). I had to bring them with me to the dealer on Monday to get the car registered and pick it up, which meant taking a bus from Boston to Albany and getting picked up by the dealer at the bus station. These days all of this stuff can be done electronically, but this was in the days of dinosaurs (i.e. fax machines were still standard). I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Geico doing everything I needed to get the policy and have the insurance cards overnight mailed to the dealer, including giving them a credit card to charge the overnight shipping to.

I had everything set up to go pick up the car and called Geico back the next day (Friday) to confirm the cards had went in the mail. Well would you believe that not only had they not sent them, but they had absolutely no record of me ever calling them. They only had a placeholder quote in the system I'd done a few days before with somebody on the phone when I was comparing rates. Thankfully I was able to scramble at 4 pm on a Friday and get somebody else to write a policy and send the cards overnight Saturday delivery to the dealer.

That's the last time I'll use Geico.

This still doesn't explain how you are paying "$17k a year" on insurance!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I pay $1,190 a year for full coverage on my 03 WRX with USAA.

Teflon, you should just hire a driving service or get a Cesna.
    I would kill to see how many tickets you have and what was in the notes.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Any of you guys driving newer(2009-2011) Subarus, look into Liberty Mutual for insurance, if your record isn't too rough.. I'm an employee(sales, if you are interested and in one of my states..) and we offer a pretty good deal for Subaru owners through an exclusive deal we have w/ Subaru. There's a discount on the rate, but also things like new car replacement, where if you total your 2 year old or less car, we value it 2 years newer and with 30,000 less miles, so if you total a 2009 it's looked at like a 2011 value wise, basically.
    Stage 1 2011 WRB Impreza WRX Sedan
    Insurance questions? I'm licensed in MD/DC/VA/WV/PA and don't mind lending a hand.

So my policy is about to renew for the next 6 months through Progressive. Been with them over 6 years now, ever since my parents booted me off their policy when I graduated college (time to grow up, haha). They've been great. I've had nothing but great, honest, service. Even had to deal with a couple claims (no fault accidents) in which my cars were restored to pristine condition.

However, this next policy period, my rates are suddenly going up by $30 a month which strikes me as odd considering I haven't had any violations, accidents, or even been pulled over in the last year. Time to make a phone call and find out wtf mate?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    So my policy is about to renew for the next 6 months through Progressive. Been with them over 6 years now, ever since my parents booted me off their policy when I graduated college (time to grow up, haha). They've been great. I've had nothing but great, honest, service. Even had to deal with a couple claims (no fault accidents) in which my cars were restored to pristine condition.

However, this next policy period, my rates are suddenly going up by $30 a month which strikes me as odd considering I haven't had any violations, accidents, or even been pulled over in the last year. Time to make a phone call and find out wtf mate?
    Could have been a state wide increase. Have you moved? If you haven't moved, it probably was state wide, where the insurance administration adds a charge to the companies and they end up passing it on to all clients.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you've been with them for 6 years.... It's time to shop around. It's really not beneficial to stay with most companies(they don't add discounts over time, or extra benefits for loyalty etc)
    Insurance questions? I'm licensed in MD/DC/VA/WV/PA and don't mind lending a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by mutedsound View Post
    Could have been a state wide increase. Have you moved? If you haven't moved, it probably was state wide, where the insurance administration adds a charge to the companies and they end up passing it on to all clients.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you've been with them for 6 years.... It's time to shop around. It's really not beneficial to stay with most companies(they don't add discounts over time, or extra benefits for loyalty etc)
    Been in the same ZIP code for the last 4+ years now. And I beg to differ...Progressive has dropped my rate every year until this because I've been a loyal customer. I'm pretty sure if I call them up and raise a little hell, I'll be able to get it back to $97 a month, which is where it was.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Private insurance, full coverage. $1300/yr. 20 yrs old

249 a month in jersey.. 23 y/o and two decently expensive accidents in the last 11 months

Quote Originally Posted by lileli022 View Post
    249 a month in jersey.. 23 y/o and two decently expensive accidents in the last 11 months
    I do NOT miss living in NJ! Grew up in Wayne.
    Paying $77/mo now in North Carolina, with Nationwide. $250 deductible and pretty standard coverage.

$105/month, 26 year old single male, no home owner. (thanks, D.C.) registered in MD.

yea the one accident was right before you get into wayne by fireside furnature... i love nj, but no nj's cost of living. its nuts