Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 42
Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones My insurance for 2 cars is k a year. It's split about 50/50 between the STI ...

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    My insurance for 2 cars is $17k a year. It's split about 50/50 between the STI and 911.
    HOLY COW!!!!!!! That is almost half of what I make in a year. "Go on which yo bad self." lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    My insurance for 2 cars is $17k a year. It's split about 50/50 between the STI and 911.
    great googily-moogily.

Edit:.... pulled my own second comment as it was in poor taste
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

29 years old and i pay 600 a year for the Cobalt SS maxed out coverage on everything
    Sti will be 560 a year (confirmed a VIN)
    Travelers *****es....
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

I pay $450 every 6 months for my 2010 WRX sedan for liability, comprehensive and collision with a $1000 deductible. That averages out to roughly $75/mo.

I'm 25, single, male, have a spotless driving record and live in an absurdly safe neighborhood. I may or may not still be getting a good student discount (seriously, I've not asked if they've taken it off since I graduated, and why should I?)
    2010 Subaru WRX

Registered User HansJibbleforth's Avatar
    19 male no points on license(one minor offense)

I drive a 2000 camry, and I was quoted 400 a month for that. for a new lease on a base Impreza I was quoted 600 a month. I unfortunately got kicked off of my parents insurance and when my bill came for my Camry it was only like 132.

I got requoted by another company at like 250 a month for a new STI. So I would hope that a WRX is like 200 225 a month.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
    (seriously, I've not asked if they've taken it off since I graduated, and why should I?)
    That is insurance fraud.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

1990 Jeep Wrangler, I pay $19 for liability a month.
    2002 WRX Wagon, $88 for liability a month.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nelson View Post
    1990 Jeep Wrangler, I pay $19 for liability a month.
    2002 WRX Wagon, $88 for liability a month.
    Are you a meteorologist?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    29 years old and i pay 600 a year for the Cobalt SS maxed out coverage on everything
    Sti will be 560 a year (confirmed a VIN)
    Travelers *****es....
    A year??? I do not believe that on an STI. I also don't believe you'd be paying more for a Cobalt SS over an STI...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Registered User HansJibbleforth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    A year??? I do not believe that on an STI. I also don't believe you'd be paying more for a Cobalt SS over an STI...
    Is the STI going to have full coverage? Or just liability?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, those figures do sound a bit low, for someone who's 29 and in an urban locale like Chicago. I'm paying about that for full coverage on my (nearly) 10-year-old WRX, at age 44, with breaks given for having my homeowners through the same company, no tickets, etc.
    Hard to compare between people, companies, and areas of the country, though.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    That is insurance fraud.
    I just had my BS awarded to me in August. I'll worry about it when it comes policy renewal time :P

Besides, not that it's legally right, but can you think of too many other companies that are more dishonest than insurance companies?
    2010 Subaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Are you a meteorologist?
    No sir, I am not...I hope this was a set-up to a joke though!

I'm actually an Engineer with a large dredging firm, why do you ask?

KHP

Question Not another insurance thread!!

So it's about that time of the year... Car insurance renewal time is approaching(for me at least )! I never look forward to this part of the year since I'm so used to paying a butt load on insurance.

I got bored tonight so I started shopping policies from one insurance company to another(Progressive, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Metlife, etc...). Every company quotes me within a reasonable range from each other ($700-$900 every 6 months for the same amount of coverage).

Then I decided to get a quote from Geico. I got a quote of ~$350 ($58 per month full coverage with low deductibles) . I have made sure over and over again that I have the same coverage. I even called them provided my VIN and accident history for a more accurate quote. The price dropped down to ~$330 .

Does anyone have any experience with Geico? The policy price seems too good to be true. The agent laughed at me and said the other insurance companies are over charging me . Is this a case of "you get what you pay for"?
    Last edited by KHP; 10-06-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    I do all my insurance shopping online.I was with Geico for 5 years before I got the WRX.When I asked to add the WRX,they quoted me some ridiculous sum which was $400 over every other quote I got.

I switched to Progressive.Did I mention that I have never in my life made an insurance claim nor ever received a ticket.After 6 months they increased my bill by $200.I decided to try my luck with Geico again.This time miraculously they were quoting me an amount $150 less than what I had paid Progressive initially.All this is for the exact same coverage.

I'm expecting a "surprise" increase from Geico next month.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.