Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 38
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 are you 15 years old with a million accidents? jeez. i would have a heartattack if ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    are you 15 years old with a million accidents? jeez. i would have a heartattack if i ever got a quote like that lol
    Nope 20 years old with a clean record. From what I understand this city has higher insurance rates in general and add the fact that it's a brand new WRX and well you get the picture!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you for all the input people.I went with that freaky lady from Progressive,they quoted me $840 for both cars vs Geico's quote of $1253 for the exact same coverage.I guess 15 minutes could save you 15% or more if you keep looking somewhere else.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    thr34dm3rg1n4t3d.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by armindk View Post
    Nope not a typo nor a mistake. The agent was shocked herself when she told me the price. Safe auto gave me a quote for $1500 a month! But the insurance company that I have been for the past three years gave me quote of only a couple hundred bucks per 6 months more than what I pay for my DSM.
    There's your problem
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Me - 35
    Wife - 30

0 Accidents, Wife has 1 ticket in the past 4 years.

06 WRX - Full coverage, $100 deductible
    07 Tribeca - Full coverage, $100 deductible
    94 SVX - Full coverage, $100 deductible
    78 Brat - Basic Liability + towing

$195 per month. USAA.

*** Just sold the SVX, and it went down to about $150 per month. The ONLY reason I kept full coverage on the SVX was the fear of cracking the $1000 windshield. Kinda nice to see it gone.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Me - 50
    Wife - 51
    Four vehicles insured

One moving violation between the two of us over the last three years. No accidents, no claims except for one hail damage claim about 8 years ago.

I pay about $70/mo for full coverage on the Subie with $1000 deductible.

WOW those are some tough numbers to grip... 03 wagon here $399 every 6 months with $500 deduct full/full progressive, 2 other vehicles one boat...child under 10yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    There's your problem
    Yeah they are pretty expensive and apparently the turbo'd ones are less expensive to insure with some insurance companies than non-turbo'd but hey I'm gonna be getting rid of it anyways as soon as my car arrives!

168 a month, 3 tickets and an accident. Tickets were in my 350z from over a year ago and accident was in my C6, I put it through a fence, 10k damage to car, I guess 168 ain't bad. I'm 28.

Quote Originally Posted by vairox View Post
    168 a month, 3 tickets and an accident. Tickets were in my 350z from over a year ago and accident was in my C6, I put it through a fence, 10k damage to car, I guess 168 ain't bad. I'm 28.
    I'd guess not bad at all!

Cool

I have an 04 WRX. Clean driving record/no accidents, I'm 26. AAA insurance, 100-300 liability, 25-50 i forgot what that was for, $50,000 property damage. $500 deductable.

But, I have it as PLEASURE: $1,491 which is $132.56 a month & if it was my primary it would be around $2,000 a year which comes out to $222 a month (AAA makes you pay 9 months out of the year not the full 12).

Its not cheap to insure these cars even with a clean driving record, and I'm on my own policy. My old car (1990 Buick Regal Custom) $379 a year liability only
    B
    G
    Z

2006 TR from Progressive costs me $541 every 6 months in Ridgefield, New Jersey.
    Bodily Injury 100k each/ 300k total
    Property damage 100k
    Personal Injury 250k each
    Uninsured & Under 100k each/300k total
    Un/Under property 100k
    Comprehensive $250 deductible
    Glass $50 deductible
    Collision $750 decuctible

FYI....I just added my wifes 02 Mini Cooper to the policy...total for 6 months is now $820.
    Thats pretty good but I'll keep looking for even cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
    2006 TR from Progressive costs me $541 every 6 months in Ridgefield, New Jersey.
    Bodily Injury 100k each/ 300k total
    Property damage 100k
    Personal Injury 250k each
    Uninsured & Under 100k each/300k total
    Un/Under property 100k
    Comprehensive $250 deductible
    Glass $50 deductible
    Collision $750 decuctible

FYI....I just added my wifes 02 Mini Cooper to the policy...total for 6 months is now $820.
    Thats pretty good but I'll keep looking for even cheaper.
    My advice to you is to make your Bodily Injury and Uninsured to at least $300K single limit ($500K is better). It's not that much a year to increase this. $250K PIP is not bad, but if you can afford more I would increase that too.

I say this because I'm involved in dealing with an auto injury to my wife and I can tell you that you are under-insured to cope with a major incident. The medical bills can wipe out PIP pretty quick. If you have health insurance (which I assume you do), they will want to recoup any expenses they pay due to an accident from the auto coverage and that PIP and $100K liability you thought you'd get will be gone.

Piece of advice for all of you if you or your loved one is in an accident: When they ask for insurance info at the hospital, give them your health insurance info first. PIP is paid out on a first come first served basis, so the more the you can get for lost wages (before the medical bills exhausts it), the better.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

How much is your car insurance?

WRX / STI...what does car insurance cost you?

And what sort of ded and protection are you getting?

I have full coverage on my 06 wrx wagon, I went from a 07 Corolla and my insurance dropped from 165$ to 152$ with clean driving record. Only reason its so high because of the area I live in lot's and lot's of vandalism's. This going through Progressive.
    08 Sti, Stage 2 Protune.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.