Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 36
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Key is to go to a reputable general Ins agency. Don't go to just state farm or progressive for example. ...

Key is to go to a reputable general Ins agency. Don't go to just state farm or progressive for example. My INS company deals with all INS companies and does a search of them all to get me the best rate. Im 31 and have a '09 Sti and they said they were quoted $650 to almost $2000 every 6 months. You have to shop around!!!!!! It can vary that much!!! Im with Allied INS now.
    '09 Sti

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh yeah...my 05 STI I picked up a month ago...

$97 a month for full coverage through Progressive. I love being me
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Oh yeah...my 05 STI I picked up a month ago...

$97 a month for full coverage through Progressive. I love being me
    nice :]

i guess i should update.. when i turned 21 in january my insurance went down to $110

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

For full coverage just on my 09 WRX at 23 years old was $120 a month.

Having both my WRX and GSX insured dropped mine down to $60.

Thats with liability on the Regal and the same full coverage on the WRX.

Buy a cheap 2nd car and it will pay for itself with lower insurance costs.

Edit - and thats with two, five over speeding tickets and a careless driving ticket. (Cops dont like it when you wheelie your bike) The careless may be gone now because I was 18 at the time.
    Last edited by msedbaue; 04-26-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel79 View Post
    Key is to go to a reputable general Ins agency. Don't go to just state farm or progressive for example. My INS company deals with all INS companies and does a search of them all to get me the best rate. Im 31 and have a '09 Sti and they said they were quoted $650 to almost $2000 every 6 months. You have to shop around!!!!!! It can vary that much!!! Im with Allied INS now.
    +1

My insurance agent shops around, and when the 6mo/1yr term is up he calls me to let me know he found a better policy.
    Can't give you exact $s, but going from my '07 2.5i to my '04 WRX just cost me an extra 10 bucks for 6 mos or so...

so it looks like I'm going to be paying insurance about equal to the price of another car every year?

going to get a wrx soon, prolly 02 (maybe up to 04 - not sti), as a 17 year old.

My parents are (thankfully) paying to add me as a driver on their policy, but not to add my car or anything.

Im 19 with a clean record. i have been quoted as high as 400 a month for my 06 wrx. I went to state farm as a last resort and 165. Hell yeah... my new favorite company! Includes full coverage and im making all payments myself
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Registered User Tattooed11Bravo's Avatar
    The thing that sucks is Subi's are on of the safest cars to drive but they are the second highest car to put insurance besides the vet.

Registered User silverbullet207's Avatar
    Full coverage on my '06 WRX...... $110 a month with progressive
    ** Hawk-Eye Alliance #513 **
    '06 WRX Stage 2

how much should a 21 year old pay for a 02 wrx, no comp or collusion and perfect driving record, will be used for pleasure only, I was quoted $850 for the year paid it full. I think its to much????

I also do the insurance agent/broker thing. Bought the 2010 WRX 2 weeks ago, first car under my name, therefor first policy in my name, I'm 23 with a few tickets on my license (nothign major/no speeding) and the agent got my 800 for 6 months. The insurance broker is also a big convienience they take care of EVERYTHING!

just my 2 cents

-Kurt

$1300 age 23 with a perfect driving record

I Support ClubWRX

Insurance quotes

Ok,so I'm gonna pick up the new car tomorrow but my relief/excitement/joy was replaced by a headache when I saw how much it cost to insure the car.
    My wife & I have a clean driving record(no violations,accidents)are both above the age of 30,both have finished Defensive driver courses.Still the quote for the wrx was $753 for 6 months(125/month).Is everyone getting these rates?I ask bcoz our other car(honda CRV) costs just $450 to insure(75/month).
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

There is a thread on insurance rates on the site somewhere. I'm sure someone will post it up. But I asked this question too, best thing is to just start calling around to the agencies in your area.

Someone livin in Northern Maine could be payin 70 bucks a month and that same person could end up at 150 or more in somewhere like New Jersey or an area with high theft...

That's sad. My 2010 WRX costs me about $55/mo. to insure with only a $250 deductible. If I'd raise the deduct. I could lower that cost quite a bit. Of course, I live in the middle of nowhere North Dakota.

Seriously, though, I'd shop around. I think you can find insurance for less. What is your deductible? What are you liability limits? These things can have significant impact on your overall cost.

Others will come along with good info, I'm sure.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.