Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 35
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 957

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 ^^^You are right...I had read the article back then and kinda forgot about it. These powerful ...

  1. #511
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^^^You are right...I had read the article back then and kinda forgot about it. These powerful cars are getting much cheaper to buy now, so kids will do it and parents will be more willing to buy them for their kids without knowing anything about them. It scares me actually...I would NEVER have bought me an STI for my first or second car if I was my parents (they didn't of course...I had an Acura Integra LS...nice slow 4cyl )
    LOL yea can you imagine an STi for your first car? There's a kid here in Colorado who is 17 and has an STi. He's famous for it because his dad owns a paint shop or something and they painted the thing Lambo orange. Way to attract the cops. The kid already lost his license once. What a good dad. "Hey son, since you lost your license once, I'm going to go ahead and reward you by painting your STi bright Lambo orange!" - kid is a spoiled brat too.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #512
    Registered User Lavid2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    210
    I dont have a sti, but I do have a WRX. It is the first car I owned....I drove my moms subaru forester b4 I bought it. I have never gotten a ticket...(I did accidentally run a stop sign in a parking lot though LOL) Got out with a pba card... no speeding or anything like that garbage. My insurance is buck sixty a month : O!
    D-$

    Blobeye '05

  4. #513
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,853
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm not sure on rates out in your area overall...but under $2000 a year for insurance on an STI isn't that bad IMO.

    Very possibly of course...but insurance companies will see "300hp" and "Turbo" and just think, wow...these cars are built simply to go fast. Lets jack up the rates.

    But compared to a G35 sedan, an STI is a major sports car compared to a family sedan. I went from an STI to a 350z 7 months ago...and my rates dropped about $50 a month, and they just dropped another $50 this coming month...the 350z is by all means a true sports car when compared to the STI. They can even be bought cheaper by anyone..and insurance is still lower. Very odd to me either way
    My insurance rate for full coverage is < $100/month (don't ask, I don't understand it myself). My agent, who's been in the business for > 20 years, told me that he had never seen a rating as high as the one my STi gave me. IIRC, on a scale of 26, the STi ranked as a 25.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  5. #514
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    21,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    LOL yea can you imagine an STi for your first car? There's a kid here in Colorado who is 17 and has an STi. He's famous for it because his dad owns a paint shop or something and they painted the thing Lambo orange. Way to attract the cops. The kid already lost his license once. What a good dad. "Hey son, since you lost your license once, I'm going to go ahead and reward you by painting your STi bright Lambo orange!" - kid is a spoiled brat too.
    Pics or it doesn't exist!!!! I'm not one to draw attention, but damn I love Lambo Orange...I just love Orange in general, and as a guilty pleasure, would love to have an Orange STI one day haha...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavid2002 View Post
    I dont have a sti, but I do have a WRX. It is the first car I owned....I drove my moms subaru forester b4 I bought it. I have never gotten a ticket...(I did accidentally run a stop sign in a parking lot though LOL) Got out with a pba card... no speeding or anything like that garbage. My insurance is buck sixty a month : O!
    Not bad with your rates...where do you live? I know that is probably the second closest scrutinized thing by insurance companies when quoting aside from the type of car it is...and definitely keep on being a responsible younger driver. Others like you can learn and not be noobs

    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    My insurance rate for full coverage is < $100/month (don't ask, I don't understand it myself). My agent, who's been in the business for > 20 years, told me that he had never seen a rating as high as the one my STi gave me. IIRC, on a scale of 26, the STi ranked as a 25.
    Wow...under $100 a month? That's just not fair. I would have kept my STI if I was able to have something like that
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

  6. #515
    Registered User Willard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    277
    Insurance premiums have lots of variables so its a difficult question to answer. I pay $165 month for 3 cars + renters insurance. 35 clean record, wife is 31 with a clean record.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

    2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

  7. #516
    Registered User 02bugeye-baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MT
    Posts
    39
    im 18 and i got a wrx for my first car. my insurance for full coverage is a little over 200 a month

  8. #517
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,853
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    Wow...under $100 a month? That's just not fair. I would have kept my STI if I was able to have something like that
    Yep, ~$1100/year (I forget the exact amount). When I turned 21 (and got that 40% discount), the insurance for my STi was cheaper than in my old Altima at 20.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  9. #518
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Pics or it doesn't exist!!!! I'm not one to draw attention, but damn I love Lambo Orange...I just love Orange in general, and as a guilty pleasure, would love to have an Orange STI one day haha...
    It's been right here under your nose the whole time Mikie

    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/exterior-appearance/134314039-lamborghini-orange-sti.html


    Last edited by Wrinklechops; 10-20-2009 at 02:18 PM.

  10. #519
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    21,190
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Yep, ~$1100/year (I forget the exact amount). When I turned 21 (and got that 40% discount), the insurance for my STi was cheaper than in my old Altima at 20.
    I am incredibly jealous! That just isn't right...even at age 24, I was paying $212 a month for it. I turned 25, and it went down to $187 a month! Move to Philly, they knock it all the way up to $282 a month, ergo having to get rid of her

    I Fakking hate insurance!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    It's been right here under your nose the whole time Mikie

    oh wow...that car is just freakin pretty to me!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

  11. #520
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,853
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    I am incredibly jealous! That just isn't right...even at age 24, I was paying $212 a month for it. I turned 25, and it went down to $187 a month! Move to Philly, they knock it all the way up to $282 a month, ergo having to get rid of her

    I Fakking hate insurance!!!!!
    The timing was wrong for me buying my STi @ 20 and in college, but my cousin worked at the corporate headquarters for the dealership chain (gave me the car for cost), and the answers I got from the bank / my insurance company about the costs of ownership let it happen.

    I run Liberty Mutual insurance, with no tickets on my record (been 6 years since my only ticket, NY keeps them on your record for 3) or at-fault accidents. I won't divulge the full information, but I have pretty decent full coverage. Again, I don't know what magic my agent worked for me, but it amazed me that my rates are so low (however, it hasn't amazed me enough to complain haha).
    Last edited by EJ257; 10-20-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  12. #521
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    30
    im at @110 a month on a new 09 wrx and a 2004 durango 5.7 and homeowners insure also... with 500 deductable.

    about to switch to geico which will be 105 a month for all the same and they also tac on a full covarage warranty 60K 7 years on the wrx.

    26, clean record... wife is 24 with 1 ticket.

  13. #522
    Registered User Fyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    50

    Insurance?

    Hey well I'm looking for insurance on a 05 WRX, and I have a previous fault I guess you would say. It was following too closely, but besides that, I can't find insurance cheaper than $400. And honestly, thats just ridiculous. I'm 20 so I guess that plays a part in it also... But still.

    The point: Cheap insurance Agency any one knows of? And who do you use? And if you mind how much do you pay? I'm sorry if thats too personal but I'm trying to compare.


  14. #523
    DUB
    DUB is offline
    Registered User DUB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SLT, CA
    Posts
    3,176
    It doesn't matter who we use or what we pay. It's going to be unique for you. You just need to keep shopping around; get an online quote from every company that offers them. Also, your post makes no mention of coverage limits, which will play a big role in your premium.

    You are 20 years old, have an at fault accident and drive one of the most expensive cars to insure; it's gonna be expensive, sorry.

  15. #524
    Registered User wrxnews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Crackalacka
    Posts
    192
    Since you're still 20 you could look into getting insurance under your parents policy to hopefully offset any outrageous fees'.

    GL
    <-----#1 Fanboi
    Stink-Eye-Mob #19
    ECU cracked by RomRaider

  16. #525
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,783
    I Support ClubWRX
    Insurance for WRX's and STI's

    32 pages you can read through.

    as dub said, our info isnt really going to help because there are 29384098209834 million factors that go into an insurance quote.

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •