Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 32
Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by brfatal 2, and both of those were just a few months ago. And one of those was ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    2, and both of those were just a few months ago. And one of those was from hydroplaning on a loopy on-ramp and there was nothing I could have done.

You've hit how many things? More than zero.
    I think you may qualify for the "I open doors for my significant other" discount.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Where in NY?

Unfortunately, like wrxtreme06 said, no one can tell you. However, depending on your location, I can hook you up with some great insurance agents
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i pay 234 for full coverage on my bugeye
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah,

My monthly payment is a solid testament to the fact that it is the demographic and not the car. I'm old enough and clean enough that it is really a pittance to insure my WRX.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm lucky enough to live in N.J., the land of ******* teenagers who drive like *******s. Insuring a WRX in N.J is incredibly expensive here. Even in my mid 30's with a squeaky clean record, they were charging me incredible amounts of money to insure this thing. I actually just put the final nail in my WRX's "driving" coffin. As it was, I almost never drove it. Only when I had time, which is almost never. I finally put her in permanent storage last week when I dropped the insurance and registration off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You must not have read the linked article. It states, "It's actually possible, IIHS data show, to buy a powerful sports car that's relatively easy to insure. The Corvette Convertible, for instance, makes the list of the ten best insurance risks." Granted, the age demographic for a Corvette convertible is much different than the WRX, but it's about loss-rate scores, not driver age, and that's were the WRX finishes last.

I didn't but my two brand new WRXs to crash them, I bought them to drive them. As a responsible WRX owner, it frustrates me to know that the high insurance rates I've paid for seven years with no tickets or accidents, come directly as a result of irresponsible drivers. Thanks!

-Shadow

Agreed...my 06 M3 vert was 200 dollars less a year to insure then my 09 WRX.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

I Support ClubWRX
    LuvshisOG$65/monthpremium
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post

Hydroplaning is a direct result of driving too fast for the road conditions. They will still consider that driver error.

sorry but that is true.

Heather you should not be running into things either.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    I pay $202 per month with USAA

Full coverage on all 3, with $100 deductibles:
    07 Subaru Tribeca 7-pass Ltd
    06 Subaru WRX - TR
    94 Subaru SVX - LSi

Sounds cheap..... but I'm 33, my wife is 29, neither of us have a single accident or ticket in over 5 years.

...... and that price has gone up $40 per month in the last year, just because (like the article said)..... WRX drivers making more claims
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Threads merginated.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I pay $260 a month.

Not bad considering Progressive told me $550 a month. I told them I was just going to buy whole new car and keep it in my garage in case I wrecked this one, because it would be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    unfortunately, no one will be able to tell you how much you're going to pay except your insurance company.

there are a lot more factors that go into your quote other than age, # of tickets & location.
    Where you live is one of the biggest factors. Even at age 25 when I moved out of my parents house, I moved to Philly and my insurance almost doubled to $280 a month...one of the reasons I sold my STI. I was only doing $140 a month in NJ.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    I was doing a bit more research on this whole topic. Take a look at this:

HLDI: Insurance losses by make and model

The 04-06 WRX is the absolute WORST
    The 05-07 WRX is the 2nd worst
    The 06-08 WRX doesn't even make the 10 worst list.

My theory????

The older the car is, the more affordable it is to punk-ass young drivers who have no business being behind the wheel of one of these cars.. Buy it cheap... drive it like an asshat.... and jack up the insurance for all the responsible drivers out there.

Whereas the newer models, are still expensive enough to be unobtainable by the same "punk-asses" described above.

...... which scares me, because it tells me that as my car continues to age, the more expensive it is likely going to get.

Lovely.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=165158
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

yeah that discount is nice

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    I was doing a bit more research on this whole topic. Take a look at this:

HLDI: Insurance losses by make and model

The 04-06 WRX is the absolute WORST
    The 05-07 WRX is the 2nd worst
    The 06-08 WRX doesn't even make the 10 worst list.

My theory????

The older the car is, the more affordable it is to punk-ass young drivers who have no business being behind the wheel of one of these cars.. Buy it cheap... drive it like an asshat.... and jack up the insurance for all the responsible drivers out there.

Whereas the newer models, are still expensive enough to be unobtainable by the same "punk-asses" described above.

...... which scares me, because it tells me that as my car continues to age, the more expensive it is likely going to get.

Lovely.

Looking at that link, if they had complete data for the Evo it would have beat the WRX to the top of the worse list by a large margin...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)