Subaru WRX Forum banner

Insurance for WRX's and STI's

390K views 1K replies 494 participants last post by  SD_GR 
#1 ·
insurance rates: wrx=STi??

I just went through a progressive insurance rate quote online, and the price was actually 10 dollars more a month to insure a WRX!!! Maybe since more younger, inexperienced drivers buy and wreck WRX's that compensates for the power difference that I thought would make the STi cost a lot more to insure??? Either way, very interesting. BTW I am a 25 year old male living in CT with a clean record and the quotes were both about 250 a month.

#1,104 ·
Whaddup,

2016 wrx
I have AAA.
I got a quote for $2300 for the year making monthly payments. If I decide to pay it all at once, it'd be around $2000/year with $1000 deductible. I just made a claim. Ran something over. Busted my strut, resurfaced my rims and got 2 new tires. I'm expecting my rate to go up.

#1,116 ·
24 years old
2016 wrx premium
2015 ford edge
1999 camry

$500 deductible

200k house
jewelry insurance 12k
firearm insurance 10k

$212 month

will go down in January as I turn 25, and my wifes speeding tickets fall off in September and December

I can't wait for that drop!

Before we added the camry it was like 189 a month, and they ran a quote for when I turn 25 and no tickets, said it would go down about $40 a month. I'm hoping that remains the same now that we have the beater on there too.

Oh, American Commerce Insurance. Haven't had an issue yet.

#1,118 ·
I suppose I'll update..Allstate Insurance, for both house and cars. Currently we have a 2007 Kia Sedona, 2004 RAV4, and 2013 BRZ. No points on licenses in the house, we live in the south where rates tend to be a little lower, I guess, plus I'm 49 years old.

Before my kid started driving, all of this ran us ~$120/month. With my 16-year-old girl on the policy, we're now at $210'ish. At least it's a girl..I'm told that 16-20-year-old males really do a number on your premium.

#1,119 ·
I pay $160 a month for full coverage +gap +additional coverage for my car because subie aren't cheap to fix and full coverage for my wifes 2012 Nissan versa with gap oh and renters insurance for my apartment... $160 for all of that ... my car is listed as a station wagon which is what my vin came up as with my insurance company ;) maybe that helps lol

#1,120 ·
I cry inside reading how much everyone pays for their coverage.

I have Geico and I pay $330 per month for a 2016 WRX Premium Manual with a deductible of $1,000. No points or tickets on my record (an old speeding ticket from a few years back that doesn't show anymore), two accidents but one wasn't at fault since it was a hit and run and the other was covered under my accident forgiveness (was very snowy and I hit a turn a bit hard and hit the curb in my Legacy).

#1,122 ·
whether the accident was your fault or not you still will pay more for insurance unfortunately @ vwynn

back before i got my driving record clean AF for 10 years straight and counting. i had numerous accidents all from drunk drivers hitting me or semi drivers not paying attention to the road driving in on-comming traffic lol etc all clearly not my fault but back then had liability on my cars and still paid over $200

#1,123 ·
whether the accident was your fault or not you still will pay more for insurance unfortunately @ vwynn

back before i got my driving record clean AF for 10 years straight and counting. i had numerous accidents all from drunk drivers hitting me or semi drivers not paying attention to the road driving in on-comming traffic lol etc all clearly not my fault but back then had liability on my cars and still paid over $200

#1,131 ·
I was paying $930 for 6 months total with GEICO for just a simple Chevy Cruze. Switched to State Farm and now it's only $630 for 6 months for my 17' WRX! Screw GEICO. I'm 31, I don't even have the greatest record. There's a suspension on there. I'm DE. Try State Farm if you haven't already. I can't believe how much I paid for a damn Cruze. I'm paying $300 less now for a turbo lol America!

#1,127 ·
Perfect example of what you are talking about, I had Geico when I had my 2011 wrx and was paying 186 dollars a month. Bought my 2012 STi, and geico wanted 330 a month for full coverage!!! Switched to Erie, and now I pay 135 for full coverage every month for my STi...... cheaper than my wrx! lol.

#1,129 ·
This thread...lol

#1,133 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.