Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 3
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mycologist I have a serious dilemma with this because my wife has been known to do similar ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I have a serious dilemma with this because my wife has been known to do similar things on multiple occasions. So I end up feeling like I'm not a good husband because she drives a 1997 nissan 200sx that is beat to crap and I have a newer car (obviously) that she is not allowed to drive.

Fortunately, my wife is terrified to drive my wagon. She hasn't done a lot of manual tranny driving in the last few years, and the idea of driving a manual on a lowered, modded car is frightening to her for some reason. I'm glad for it.
    I was going to show you pics of what she did to our minivan 2 years ago, but I seem to have deleted the source pics from when I posted it..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for looking. Mini-van carnage can be entertaining even when it represents a personal loss.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Thanks for looking. Mini-van carnage can be entertaining even when it represents a personal loss.
    I miss that thing; it was practical as hell.
    It was a scary thing; our youngest kid was in the back seat, and she and my wife got knocked around 270 degrees by a construction van. My daughter was completely unhurt, and my wife only had a sprained wrist.

Toyota builds a fine car.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh man I'm sorry I wasn't aware it was a serious situation as I missed the initial post. I really have nothing against minivans either. I guess I assumed that everyone was ok or I would have heard about it. Here's to Toyota!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

Being geriatric DOES have its advantages.
    (also clean driving record, multiple car discount, discount because I insure my house through the same company, etc, )
    Where you live has a lot to do with it. I qualify for all of the discounts (except multiple cars) as Senior Ray does, but pay ~$88 per month ($1050 per year). I opt for the 6 month payment option. I have been with Allstate since 1979.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    +1

I was paying more than Ray when I moved from (my short stint in) Kansas.

Have an 04 STI $234/month

23, no tickets/points/Accidents. Full Coverage w AAA (American Commerce) w 500 deductible on everything. Its BS IMO. And I'm being reamed from AAA in getting money back from them after my 240 was stolen and stripped. Oh and they never return my calls.

BTW I would take my 240 over a REX any day, not to piss anyone off but driving a tuned 240 is a dream, perfect balanced vehicle. An excellent drivers car. And I love RWD even in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    What are other people getting for STI's?

I am currently at $221 a month, full coverate through Progressive, $500 deduct...its not all that bad considering I have the driving record of that kid in Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift (corny reference, I know). I am 24 and single. I seriously have somewhere between 8-10 points on my license...

02 WRX $113 per month 1,000 deductable FULL Coverage
    19 year old female no accidents or tickets.

Mine was $289 per month when I was 16 and the droped to $156 when I was 17 and has been $113 since I turned 18.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

I just got a qoute from Progressive

Its about the same. Its depressing. Funny thing is that the WRX I had for a month before I traded for an STI had the same insurance level.

Funny thing about those two cars was that they are both 04's and Rally Blue. Its almost cute

I pay $90.30 for full coverage on 2 02 WRXs with a $500 collision/$250 comprehensive deductable. I was paying $211 last year for the same. I guess I finally hit that age where things seem cheaper. Hopefully that means I'm eligible for nickel coffee.
    Bugeye Mafia #63

Quote Originally Posted by IDWRX View Post
    I pay $90.30 for full coverage on 2 02 WRXs with a $500 collision/$250 comprehensive deductable. I was paying $211 last year for the same. I guess I finally hit that age where things seem cheaper. Hopefully that means I'm eligible for nickel coffee.
    I'm 21 years old with a pretty bad record, and I have a '06 WRX that I pay 348 a month for full coverage. 1000 dollar deductible. 3 points are coming off of my record in March, so it will drop substantially.
    2006 WRB Impreza WRX TR
    -Cobb stg.2
    -Eclipse AVN 6600 In dash DVD/NAV

17, Usaa, 110$
    edit: this is for full coverage
    Last edited by Xantos; 01-27-2007 at 07:01 AM.
    Christine the silver 03 WRX wagon
    Brought unto the world on 6/6/06
    May your evil be known around the world

I'm 25 and currently I'm paying $144/month.

The insane insurance rates are IMO starting to price the WRX out of it's niche. I found out yesterday that a Legacy GT is gonna cost me half as much to insure; that'll cover the difference in my monthly payment Why by the 'cheaper' WRX when an LGT cost you the same

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
    I'm 25 and currently I'm paying $144/month.

The insane insurance rates are IMO starting to price the WRX out of it's niche. I found out yesterday that a Legacy GT is gonna cost me half as much to insure; that'll cover the difference in my monthly payment Why by the 'cheaper' WRX when an LGT cost you the same
    I owned a new-generation Legacy for a while, though not a GT. IMO the WRX gives much better road feel, and crisper handling. The GT was much quieter going down the road, and somewhat more practical and refined. It's all about what you want. I'd really like to drive a LGT SpecB to see what that's all about.

Interesting that the difference in insurance would cover the difference in payments, though.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Insurance for WRX's and STI's

We made this sticky thread to pile of these completely useless pointless insurance questions and answers into one nice neat thread. If you make a thread about insurance rates it will most likely be merged/consolidated in to this one. Since there are about a zillions different factors that any one of the zillion insurance companies may use to determine the rate of any one individual that can't possibly be addressed in a meaningful way in this thread, you will never derive any useful conclusions from this thread that are not either complete dumb luck or something that should have been painfully obvious to anyone already. I am aware that if you are reading this you may not have figured out just how pointless and useless these questions and answers are yet but I am confident that at some point you will. Your best bet is to simply go to one of the zillion insurance websites and they may actually be able to provide some useful/accurate information for your individual situation.
    Thank you and carry on.
    -TheJ

can you guys give me some insight on how much your paying a year? Just wondering!
    Last edited by TheJ; 04-23-2014 at 05:49 AM.