Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 28
Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by CodyLtr Well I have been lucky enough to have a cool and careing enough father to help ...

Quote Originally Posted by CodyLtr View Post
    Well I have been lucky enough to have a cool and careing enough father to help me out on this.
    I was counting on this response....lol...no offense.

Where did you get a full ride to?
    Bugeye Mafia #227

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby3 View Post
    not to hijack your thread but does anyone know if there is any truth the the rumor ive heard that once you turn 25, your insurance rates drop significantly if you have a clean record and so on and so forth? i heard it a while ago and have been eagerly awaiting 25 to pay less monthly

it is very true. Now, being married and 25+ is even better. When it was just me on my policy, I was paying about $340 every 3 months. After I got married me and the wife got one together, obviously. So, our insurance policy now includes my 03 WRX, wife's 06 Kia Sorento(both with full coverage), and homeowners insurance, and we pay about $1600/yr.
    Bugeye Mafia #227

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby3
    not to hijack your thread but does anyone know if there is any truth the the rumor ive heard that once you turn 25, your insurance rates drop significantly if you have a clean record and so on and so forth? i heard it a while ago and have been eagerly awaiting 25 to pay less monthly
    I know in NY there are two major decreases in your insurance. The first is at 21, the second is at 25. This is ~5/10 years driving experience. When I turned 21, the insurance on my STi dropped ~45%
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
    you're 18 with a brand new turbocharged vehicle. Might as well suck it up and prepare to pay alot for insurance
    not completely true. i had allstate when i was 17 with my wrx and my insurance was 120 a month.. full coverage. it just depends on your state, driving record, parents driving record, blah blah

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I was counting on this response....lol...no offense.

Where did you get a full ride to?
    Yeah I expected someone would ask, I pretty much have an awesome dad. But he doesn't just hand things to me, I do have to earn them. I'm going to Maryville College, it's a small D3 college, but its a free education, and I'm still playing football. The location is awesome as well, For those of you familiar with the Knoxville area, it's only about 10 minutes away from the Tail Of the Dragon

^^^nothing wrong with being spoiled, as long as you dont have the attitude that alot kids do.
    Bugeye Mafia #227

i suggest geico despite what others say...i have had good experience with them and they have the lowest prices.
    no matter what, you WILL be paying high insurance rates for a good 7 years until you turn 25.
    if you can, you should just get a nice older car that only needs liability, like a honda, and then just turbo it.
    if you insist on getting the new wrx, then you should search around the web. i cant remember the site i used, but you enter all your information into a single form and it forwards your information to several local insurance agencies, who then contact you trying to earn you business with much lower rates than that of you getting a quote on allstate.com
    my first car was a 97 accord when i was 20...only had liability and it was 1300/6 months with geico
    second car was a 05 wrx. got it when i was 23...had full coverage for 1400/6 months with esurance
    third car was a 04 maxima...24 years old...full coverage with esurance went up to 1600/6 months. i said screw that and switched to nationwide. it dropped to 980/6 months.
    got rid of the maxima for an 08 wrx...24 years old...nationwide wanted 1100 for full coverage. i said screw that and switched to geico...currently 600/6 months for full coverage

I Support ClubWRX
    Allstate has been very good for many years. My local Allstate agent is great to deal with.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Only bad thing about Geico is that they are horrible to deal with if you file a claim with them and one of their customers. They either dont want to fix it, or use junkyard parts. After bluntly telling an agent that is not how my car is getting fixed, they obliged. But they were still horrible to deal with.
    Bugeye Mafia #227

I Support ClubWRX
    Only bad thing about Geico is that they are horrible to deal with if you file a claim with them and one of their customers. They either dont want to fix it, or use junkyard parts. After bluntly telling an agent that is not how my car is getting fixed, they obliged. But they were still horrible to deal with.
    EXACTLY.

scenario 1: my boyfriend got into an accident over a year ago. their "certified shop" decided to NOT TOTAL the car, even though it had about 10k worth of damage, including a bent frame. the shop did a real ****ty job repairing it & now (after having my dad who owns a body shop look at the car) my boyfriend wanted to have them try to fix it again.. because it was not repaired correctly. long story short, after arguing with geico for about a month, they cut him a 1k check just to shut him up.

scenario 2: he was driving to my house and a deer ran out infront of him. his natural reaction was to swerve.. & he swerved into a ditch, resulting in a bit of body damage & somehow the transmission started acting funny due to the impact of landing in the ditch. geico would NOT put the claim in because "he didnt physically hit anything".

and finally, scenario 3: his mom got her armada stuck in a parking lot over a concrete barrier thing. geico would not send out a tow truck because she was not on a public road. after fighting with them, they sent out a towtruck & made her pay for it, even though towing was included in their policy.

desiree

I Support ClubWRX
    My only dealing with Geico was when I got clipped last year. They told my insurance agency they wouldn't pay for the damage. After submitting the police report which said that their customer was 100% at fault, I never heard from them again.

Until that accident, I had never received any spam from them, but since, at least once/month they send me something trying to get me to switch
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

thanks for all your imput regarding age and insurance. and yea i had Geico for a year or so before getting Progressive when i got my WRX. cant recall if i had to file a claim while with Geico. nothing is coming to mind, guess if i did file a claim there were no issues or i would remember.

all in all, shop around like you will for the car. find what fits you best. whats good for one person may suck for another. do your homework.
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

insurance

Not sure if this should go here but, what do some of you pay for insurance? My twin brother has a 04 wrx and is 18 paying 1200 for 6 months idk it just seems a lol high...I really want a Rex but kinda dint wanna pay 250 a month + car note

I Support ClubWRX
    here is a thread already started with what all of us pay
    Insurance for WRX's and STI's

the only way you can know for sure is call your insurance agent and get a quote. there are way too many factors that go into an insurance payment.

desiree

19 years old paying about a little under 600 for 6 months... on a 09 wrx hatch...< which is really considered a wagon so u get a little cut on that ;D