Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 27
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would always recommend that you call around to compare. 10 years ago I was with Nationwide and was paying ...

I would always recommend that you call around to compare. 10 years ago I was with Nationwide and was paying about 180 a month, I called Erie and got the shock of my life--they covered me for about 90 dollars for 9 months and the other 3 were free.

Now I am getting quotes a bit cheaper than Erie so I may switch again.

Crazy insurance companies, when I upgraded to a WRX (from a regular Impreza) my insurance dropped 40 dollars a year. I was told it was because the newer Imprezas were much safer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Insurance

I am very surprised to see there were no results for "insurance" in the search results....

I am in the process of purchasing an 02 WRX sedan and I have everything else secured and now looking for insurance WTF.... some of these rates are ridiculous! $110 to $140+ a month

I'm 30, married, etc....except that I have 3 points for speeding

Anyone have some suggestions for me

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dchoi23 View Post
    I am very surprised to see there were no results for "insurance" in the search results....

I am in the process of purchasing an 02 WRX sedan and I have everything else secured and now looking for insurance WTF.... some of these rates are ridiculous! $110 to $140+ a month

I'm 30, married, etc....except that I have 3 points for speeding

Anyone have some suggestions for me
    here are 2 results i got when i searched for "insurance" :

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ce-quotes.html

Insurance for WRX's and STI's

edit: woah! ninja merged before i even hit enter. lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    I get 20 pages of results for a search for "insurance".

..including this main insurance thread that I have now merged you into. Welcome to the forum.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    That little bastard... You never see him until after the merge...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Registered User knuckleduster27's Avatar
    Im 29, my wife is 23. For my 04 wrx sedan, her 01 toyota rav4 awd and my 96 tacoma 4x4 xtra cab we pay $189 a month. I have 2 tickets (one 75 in a 55, & one 65 in a 55) and one minor fender bender, her record is clean. The wrx is for 50-100-50 coverage & $1000 deductables, rav4 is 50-100-50 $500 deductable, tacoma is liability only. we have progressive for auto and allstate for home ins

Quote Originally Posted by knuckleduster27 View Post
    Im 29, my wife is 23. For my 04 wrx sedan, her 01 toyota rav4 awd and my 96 tacoma 4x4 xtra cab we pay $189 a month....
    I got quoted a little more than that for an 02 sedan 31, 3 points, no accidents....

Insurance Company Suggestions???

Yes, yes I know this has been gone over hundreds of times. I'm in a bit of a different situation. I have gotten a unpassable deal on a 09' WRX Hatch, and the only thing holding me back from getting the car is the price of the insurance. I was just quoted 2,367$ every six months on a new 09' WRX Hatch, yes I knew that it wouldn't be cheap me being 18 years old but not 4,800$ a year. This quote was from Allstate, whom my Father has been with for 25+ years, He was listed as the Primary Driver, me as the secondary driver, we both have perfectly clean driving records, I get a Good Students Discount, and another discount(unsure exactly how much) for completing drivers school. Like I said I knew it would not be cheap but not nearly 5,000 a year(my insurance per month, would be higher than the car payment). I'm just looking for some personal experiences. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper, more reasonable company? Thanks for any help, I posted this on nasioc and is lasted a whopping 2.5 hours before a mod posted a link to a FAQ which i had already read, and locked it. So any help is much appreciated.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    anyone but geico

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

you're 18 with a brand new turbocharged vehicle. Might as well suck it up and prepare to pay alot for insurance, no matter the company. Just curious, what kind of job do you have at 18 that allows you to pay a monthly payment on a brand new car plus high insurance? Whatever that job is, stay with it....lol.
    Bugeye Mafia #227

Well I have been lucky enough to have a cool and careing enough father to help me out on this. I have also sold off nearly 6 thousand dollars worth of ATV stuff (i used to race quads), along with what I have earned working when I can, I have saved up a decent amount of money which would be used for pretty good down payment. I also got a full ride to college for football, so I guess it's kind of a reward for the hardwork the past 4 years.

I Support ClubWRX

Buy a lot of that, you'll need it.

wcu25rs hit the nail on the head. Your age + value of the vehicle makes you a huge liability to the insurance company (your location also plays a big part). Increased liability means increased rates. There's no getting around it. Call around to all the major insurance companies and get quotes. There's not much you can really do to reduce the rates, but if you're serious about it, you have two choices: choose a different vehicle or reduce your coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyLtr
    This quote was from Allstate, whom my Father has been with for 25+ years, He was listed as the Primary Driver, me as the secondary driver,
    Insurance fraud - you may want to read up on it

Since this is your "reward for all your hard work", the only conclusion I can come to is that you will be the primary driver.
    Last edited by EJ257; 06-16-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Like I said, I knew it would be high, but 5,000 a year?? I currently drive a 2 door BMW and its only 2,400 a year. Also that was just a quote, believe me, of all people my dad plays by the rules, I don't get allowed any slip-ups, hence my flawless driving record...

i have progressive. they allow you to name your monthly payment and adjust your coverage accordingly so you could have some leeway there, the only thing is your deductible is going to be high, so if you do that, drive extra careful like i do. but like others have said, your 18 and its a hot car. your gonna pay a lot for quite a while

and that is insurance fraud. any kind of misinformation whatsoever when dealing with any kind of insurance is fraud. your dad should know that

not to hijack your thread but does anyone know if there is any truth the the rumor ive heard that once you turn 25, your insurance rates drop significantly if you have a clean record and so on and so forth? i heard it a while ago and have been eagerly awaiting 25 to pay less monthly
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.