Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 2
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't feel too bad, there's a thread going on right now at evolutionm.net of a kid who was quoted 0 ...

Don't feel too bad, there's a thread going on right now at evolutionm.net of a kid who was quoted $600 a month for an Evo, and that's with his mom as the primary driver!

By the way, not that it makes any difference but our insurance went up $75 a month when I added my Evo to the policy (and it's actually less now that they're also deducting for having it stored away during the winter months).

As RayfieldsWRX said, the discounts can add up...
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    $47/month for the bugeye. Same considerations as Ray, except unlike in space invaders this time I win.

Of course he didn't have to go to court three times recently to keep it that way.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Of course he didn't have to go to court three times recently to keep it that way.

It was worth it for the experiences that you shared in OT.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zobunef87 View Post
    This is just rediculous, I found some for 266 a month, but thats with 1000$ collision and comp :S
    Is this the deductable? You would save $220/month. If your current deductable is $500 say, you would make up the difference in 2.2 months. So you would save a lot of money if you can go for 2.2 months without an accident.

I pay $88/month for my 06 WRX TR & 05 Saturn Vue. Only 24 (25 in March, so I hope that goes even lower). Full coverage on both cars. Being married probably helps a little.

hee hee 3 cars 2 full coverage 250 deductiable, 900 a year, or 75 a month, that also includes my renters insurance for 15000 with 0 deductible.

cars are

06 wWRX TR

06 Hundyai sonata

95 camaro z 28

27 and married
    Last edited by wherethefmi; 01-11-2007 at 11:42 PM. Reason: addnig age and marital status

At 17 i'm almost at 4K a year
    It really sucks in california
    but, I wouldn't trade my WRX for the world
    HAWKEYE ALLIANCE # 036
    -The Cooler Ray

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS300 View Post
    Being married probably helps a little.

My insurance is higher because my wife decided to wreck her car. I used to have ridiculously low insurance...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I think I beat most of you posters with the insurance.
    I don't have a subaru yet but the companies I checked with wanted at least 600bucks a month from me for 6 months for full coverage and i think 500bucks deduc.
    I am 24, single, darn sister listed(26), and living in Bklyn, NY doesn't help either.

Car: 2002 Subaru WRX (Go bugeyes!)
    Insurance company: AAA
    Coverage: Full w/a $500 Deductable
    Cost: $1400/yr (I like paying it at once)
    Variables: Live in So. Cal (20min from border), 27yrs old, single, no points/accidents, 15k/yr avg miles.

cal
    Quote Originally Posted by RayDreamsKing View Post
    At 17 i'm almost at 4K a year
    It really sucks in california
    but, I wouldn't trade my WRX for the world
    If you're in California, I recommend checking out Wawanesa insurance. It was the cheapest I could find by far.

Quote Originally Posted by cal View Post
    If you're in California, I recommend checking out Wawanesa insurance. It was the cheapest I could find by far.
    Cheapest isn't always good. While it sounds nice when you're paying the bill, it could turn out worse in the time of need. My family has been with AAA for a long time and they have a good reputation for being behind the people they insure. I've heard horror stories about people getting dumped at the first sign of trouble with the "cheaper" companies.

cal
    Quote Originally Posted by iamcgr View Post
    Cheapest isn't always good. While it sounds nice when you're paying the bill, it could turn out worse in the time of need. My family has been with AAA for a long time and they have a good reputation for being behind the people they insure. I've heard horror stories about people getting dumped at the first sign of trouble with the "cheaper" companies.
    That's true. I'm also coming from AAA myself. I guess I'll let everyone know if I get reamed when I file a claim.

What are other people getting for STI's?

I am currently at $221 a month, full coverate through Progressive, $500 deduct...its not all that bad considering I have the driving record of that kid in Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift (corny reference, I know). I am 24 and single. I seriously have somewhere between 8-10 points on my license...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    My insurance is higher because my wife decided to wreck her car. I used to have ridiculously low insurance...
    I have a serious dilemma with this because my wife has been known to do similar things on multiple occasions. So I end up feeling like I'm not a good husband because she drives a 1997 nissan 200sx that is beat to crap and I have a newer car (obviously) that she is not allowed to drive. Its all been fender benders that we don't claim except when she let my old truck roll across the street and took out the neighbor's old GL that was sitting at their body shop across from the laundromat we were using then (sorry a map would help I guess). Last time though, she pulled off to check some directions and a guy backed on top of her hood with a big truck and stopped right before the windshield. Then we got a check for more than the car's worth, plus got to keep it. Its really not acceptable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cal View Post
    That's true. I'm also coming from AAA myself. I guess I'll let everyone know if I get reamed when I file a claim.
    Really its better for us all if you don't (file a claim that is)