Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; about a month......

about $85 a month...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i pay about 225 a month under my own name, i have one speeding ticket and im 22yrs old.

Banned
    parents .. 135 month

hmm i wonder why my is so big my last name does not match my parints names my credit scor is around 700 ( so not so bad ) im 20 and im in the military i do have 1 speading and 1 recless driving ticket still left on my acount but thats about it others its bin over 2 years and some i took classes for

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by therussiann View Post
    hmm i wonder why my is so big my last name does not match my parints names my credit scor is around 700 ( so not so bad ) im 20 and im in the military i do have 1 speading and 1 recless driving ticket still left on my acount but thats about it others its bin over 2 years and some i took classes for
    The earliest I've seen insurance companys drop thins is 3 years and that's with Progressive. Most will go back 5 years and hold things against you.

You are young, have a driving record that indicates you might be an at risk driver, and are qouting out a sports sedan that doesnt appear to have any problems being totaled on a regular basis.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    $1000/yr for full cov. on:
    02 WRX
    00 Saab 9-5
    00 Jetta
    Liability on:
    90 240sx
    02 cavalier

Erie Insurance pwns all
    but, i'm 40
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

about $185/month at Allstate in Michigan.

I'm 22 with a clean driving record.

State Farm wanted some ridiculous prices (even for my old '91 Celica and my girlfriend's Ford Explorer), I can't recommend anyone go there!

$330/month for the STi. 21y/o. I'm going to get raped though because I just totalled the STi.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    The earliest I've seen insurance companys drop thins is 3 years and that's with Progressive. Most will go back 5 years and hold things against you.

You are young, have a driving record that indicates you might be an at risk driver, and are qouting out a sports sedan that doesnt appear to have any problems being totaled on a regular basis.
    lol i do have a record of more then just a cuple of tickets but most of the are for ( exesive exeleration, speeding and recless driving.... i have never hit anything in my life with a car even the way i drive ) because of this outragus insurence i might actualy not be able to get an sti and proly will go mazdaspeed 6 or BMW 330xi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by therussiann View Post
    lol i do have a record of more then just a cuple of tickets but most of the are for ( exesive exeleration, speeding and recless driving.... i have never hit anything in my life with a car even the way i drive ) because of this outragus insurence i might actualy not be able to get an sti and proly will go mazdaspeed 6 or BMW 330xi
    Reckless driving is usually viewed up their or actually more serious then causing an accident. I know Progressive assets "points" to every incident and gives you a "number" which indicates your risk to them. If I recall correctly reckless driving was right up there with major traffic violations like DWI and hit and run.

Think about it subjectively. If you had the option to insure a 20 something year old guy with one 2 vehicle accident where they were founded at fault, or insure a guy with your driving record what would you go with? IMHO the safer bet would the guy with a single accident.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

That's insane...I have USAA and mine is like $932 every six months (full coverage)...funny thing is that it was like $250 more for my 04 WRX (before I traded it in for the 07 STI).

im pretty sure ive been thru this a couple times with guys on here, but my insurance is 2300 every 6 months. ive talked to my padre about this and mentioned how much lower alot of the guys' on here is. i know im 17 and all, but one of my buddies is 16 with a rex and his payments are half mine. do ya'll have minimal coverage or am i just getting SKREWED?

Man, that sounds like a lot...but most of us have full coverage insurance (since many are still making payments on their Subies). Liability only should only run you around 400-500 a year, assuming that you have few/no tickets and such. Insurance companies also rate you based on age, number of years you've been driving (some), credit score, plus a bunch of other factors. Since you're 17 and you've prob only had your license for a year, plus you have little to no credit and you drive a brand new "sports" car, your insurance is going to be high, especially if you are on your own policy.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #257
    I love my STI

Im 23 with progressive, 2 tickets still on my record, I pay $210 a month full coverage, but the car payment is another thing
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.

Quote Originally Posted by stimko68 View Post
    Man, that sounds like a lot...but most of us have full coverage insurance (since many are still making payments on their Subies). Liability only should only run you around 400-500 a year, assuming that you have few/no tickets and such. Insurance companies also rate you based on age, number of years you've been driving (some), credit score, plus a bunch of other factors. Since you're 17 and you've prob only had your license for a year, plus you have little to no credit and you drive a brand new "sports" car, your insurance is going to be high, especially if you are on your own policy.
    hmm i didnt think of the credit. thanks man

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.