Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 14
Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; gawd damn everyones paying so little. im 24, primary driver, 0 tickets, 0 accidents, paying 240$cnd/month live in toronto, canada ...

gawd damn everyones paying so little.

im 24, primary driver, 0 tickets, 0 accidents, paying 240$cnd/month
    live in toronto, canada

im bout to turn 25, so i hope it drops to about 200$cnd/mth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Angry

colorado 22 y/o m, 2 speeding tickets 6-10mph over on own policy payin just under $1600 every 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by AspenWhite04 View Post
    colorado 22 y/o m, 2 speeding tickets 6-10mph over on own policy payin just under $1600 every 6 months
    still not as bad as mine!

what kinda subaru do you have?

21 (will be 22 in August) - No tickets, 1 (minor) accident - $2100 / 6 months! ($338/month) on 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited

Live in Maryland

04 rex

Quote Originally Posted by AspenWhite04 View Post
    04 rex
    yeah insurance is a rip-off but we won't go there....

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    State Farm- 2004 WRX wagon $72/month w/ $100 comp and $250 collison deductibles I'm seeing almost a $40/month reduction due to multi-line, multi-vehicle, accident free

I went to a bunch of those online places, no one came even remotely close
    Actually mine is now $62/month - I just got a dividend check for $69 from State Farm on that policy
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mikie13 has his own policy. I have my own policy. I am 25, he is 24 I believe. We live in different counties (my county is much more populated, higher probability of accidents) but I figured his extensive record would offset that, plus the fact he has an '07 STi and I have an '06 WRX.
    Indeed I do have my own policy with Progressive as well as own bank account damnit! haha...

Are you even allowed to be on your parents policy if you are 24? I dunno?

If my insurance for an STI was going to be more than about $250 a month, I wasn't going to buy one...I think its absolutely ridiculous to pay more for insurance a month, than for the car...though I know many people in here actually do that. No offense to them, I just wouldn't do it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Are you even allowed to be on your parents policy if you are 24? I dunno?
    I'm willing to bet we have quite a few folks here that fall into that category.

After 20 years of subsidizing my kids' existence + college, there's no way in hell my kid's fancy sports sedan is going to be on my policy. I'm frankly amazed/dismayed at how many modern parents aren't willing to teach their kids how to be independent.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

After 20 years of subsidizing my kids' existence + college, there's no way in hell my kid's fancy sports sedan is going to be on my policy. I'm frankly amazed/dismayed at how many modern parents aren't willing to teach their kids how to be independent.
    My girlfriends mom pays for both of her daughters insurance still, my girlfriend is 21 and her sister is 42

the sister gets her car payed for too
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    My girlfriends mom pays for both of her daughters insurance still, my girlfriend is 21 and her sister is 42

the sister gets her car payed for too
    42!! WTF!

and I bet the 42 year old still lives at home!!

I was on my parents policy until I was 23, but thats because I was away at school, and didn't have a sports car of any kind and they basically helped me out until I graduated. They said, once you graduate...you're paying for everything. I respect and love that they helped me out, and they said it was because I got all good grades through HS and got a scholarship to college for my grades. They also wanted to give me the chance to play soccer and not work nonstop to pay for everything...so I could focus on academics and soccer. So they respected what I wanted to do and what I had accomplished....And I eventually did get a part-time job just so I wouldn't have to rely on parents for everything...

I think I turned out just fine...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    42!! WTF!

suprisingly not
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I was on my parents policy until I was 23, but thats because I was away at school, and didn't have a sports car of any kind and they basically helped me out until I graduated. They said, once you graduate...you're paying for everything. I respect and love that they helped me out, and they said it was because I got all good grades through HS and got a scholarship to college for my grades. They also wanted to give me the chance to play soccer and not work nonstop to pay for everything...so I could focus on academics and soccer. So they respected what I wanted to do and what I had accomplished....And I eventually did get a part-time job just so I wouldn't have to rely on parents for everything...

I think I turned out just fine...
    I intend to help my kids out 'til they're finished being educated. (Well, through an undergrad degree, anyway) If they choose not to go to college, they're going to quickly need to figure out how to support themselves. I'll be damned if I'm going to have some 25-year-old child mooching off of me all day, then hopping in their STI to go out with friends at night. I've got my own dreams and plans to fulfill, once my kids are adults.

I wasn't trying to make you defensive; I got a bit of help here and there 'til I graduated college, too. Of course, I also worked while in school, and paid for my own tuition through a scholarship.

I'll go away now.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 05-21-2007 at 10:40 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

That's because they were too busy to spend time with them growing up; and thought it was a good idea to pawn them off at a daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    42!! WTF!

Reminds me of Will Ferrell in Old School. "Maaaaaaa, meatloaf!!!"
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaza View Post
    Reminds me of Will Ferrell in Old School. "Maaaaaaa, meatloaf!!!"
    Lmfao
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!