Insurance for WRX's and STI's - Page 11
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Insurance for WRX's and STI's within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by project_skyline On all my quotes i've found the STI to be higher then the EVO by about ...

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    On all my quotes i've found the STI to be higher then the EVO by about 200-600 dollars a year.
    Yup, when I called for a quote on them the STi was about $20 more a month than the Evo.

Not really sure why that is, except that there are almost no Mitsubishis (of any kind), in my area, so they statistically show a lesser accident rate than the Impreza/STi.

BTW, there's only 1 STi that I know of in the area, and I have the only Evo as far as I know. So I figure the insurance company has to be looking at the whole model range, Lancer or Impreza. And there's only three or four base model Lancers, the majority of them driven by older folks, while there are quite a few Imprezas.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2006 wrx im 22 and pay 226 a month, only one speeding ticket on my record. It will go off the book in november thank god!

I Support ClubWRX
    This has turned into a standard "how much are you paying" discussion, so I've merged it with the existing Insurance thread.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys I'd seriously reconsider where all that money goes. It's your money, do what you want with it, but if you're paying $200 or even more per month to just insure a car, maybe it'd be a better idea to get another car that costs less to own. There's no point in just giving insurance companies money. It's a Subaru, they'll make more, just wait.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

JUST added an 06' WRX to my ins. & now ( including my 02' WRX) I'm paying about $230 a month for both full coverage.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Guys I'd seriously reconsider where all that money goes. It's your money, do what you want with it, but if you're paying $200 or even more per month to just insure a car, maybe it'd be a better idea to get another car that costs less to own.
    Thank you. I was beginning to think that I was the only one shocked at some of these premiums.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

usaa hooked me up i pay 93/month full coverage w/free glass for a 06 wrx and a 06 legacy gt, 500 deductable w/ 50/100 coverage. funny thing is insurance in az is usually very expensive. we were thinking of moving 12 miles away from where i live now and my premiums doubled. think i'll just stay where im at.lol
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    State Farm- 2004 WRX wagon $72/month w/ $100 comp and $250 collison deductibles I'm seeing almost a $40/month reduction due to multi-line, multi-vehicle, accident free

I went to a bunch of those online places, no one came even remotely close
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

As far as the Evo vs. STi arguement goes, Mitsubishi's are generally more expensive to insure for some reason or another. You also have to keep in mind that 'Cost of Repair' is a very important statistic to insurance companies, and your average Subaru owner will nickel and dime an insurance company while settling an accident (i.e. you cant buy me just one new tire because all four have to have the same tread wear).

Also, from what I've gathered, all Impreza's are lumped together for the purpose of generating the 'score' that insurance companies use to determine rates. Your rate is then modified by which model Impreza you have. Which would explain why my insurance is higher on a NON-TURBO Impreza RS than it would be on a LGT; your average Impreza driver is a higher risk to insure than your average Legacy driver.

Another interesting thing I came across while I was shopping rates was that the wagons effect your rates just as much as the turbos, but in the opposite direction. An Allstate agent told me that my 2.5RS Sedan scored a 20 on their system (whatever taht means), while a 2.5RS Wagon was a 16, and a WRX Sedan was a 24. I thought that was interesting.

I pay $160/mo for my insurance, but I have a whopper of a speeding ticket (96 in a 70) so I really can't swap companies. I'll just have to swallow it until next April, when my speeding ticket falls off, I turn 25, and I'll get my 3year discount. I'm expecting to see my rates cut in half.
    Last edited by TWBarrett; 05-16-2007 at 08:47 AM.
    --Thomas Barrett--
    2005 OBP 2.5RS Sedan 5sp - 11k miles - Blobeye Syndicate #37
    ......IN THE BODY SHOP (she got punched in the eye)

damn.. no tickets, 1 (at-fault) accident 1.5yrs ago and my insurance for WRX Limited is $338/month - State Farm

What am I doing wrong? Why are they screwing me!?

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    damn.. no tickets, 1 (at-fault) accident 1.5yrs ago and my insurance for WRX Limited is $338/month - State Farm

What am I doing wrong? Why are they screwing me!?
    Guys get to bend over until they are 25, its as simple as that. Unless you can load up on the discounts, i.e. married, good student, multi-car, length of policy, good driver, etc.

Some of my customers who have bought Evo's have found that, while it isn't the best company in the world, Esurance is hella cheap. Like....$130/mo for 18yr olds. Check it out.
    --Thomas Barrett--

try a quote from progressive. i had state farm for 13 yrs and although they are a great insurance company, they are also one of the most expensive IMO.
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

Quote Originally Posted by John_M View Post
    try a quote from progressive. i had state farm for 13 yrs and although they are a great insurance company, they are also one of the most expensive IMO.
    out here Gieco is the most expensive for me.. $600/month for WRX and $766/month for STi!!

Quote Originally Posted by John_M View Post
    Progressive is who I carry. From what I can tell, they are a decent company with competitive rates.
    --Thomas Barrett--

Progressive is what I have...$216 a month I just saw on my statement, which is cheaper than what I thought it was, haha. And thats for an STI.

Geico is Ass...I might just have to look up Esurance...

...and I have a lot more than ONE whopper of a speeding ticket...

110 in a 50
    90 in a 55
    85 in a 50
    80 in a 55
    ...think I drive fast?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying