The WRX Mileage Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX Mileage Thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just like the title what is it in city and on highway with out redlining it...

The WRX Mileage Thread

just like the title what is it in city and on highway with out redlining it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's rather easy to get anywhere between 15-26 mpg without redlining....your question is ultra vague you dont have to redline to eat fuel.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I check it everytime I fill up

mixed driving with the A/C compressor running quite a bit - I get like 20-22mpg, same driving without the A/C compressor - I get like 23-26mpg.

Oh, and this is on a vf34 Cobb map
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

15 gallon tank?

Well from the time I've been tracking my gas mileage I've been getting anywhere from 21-24 miles to the gallon. This is without running A/C and about 85%-90% of the time driving on the freeway averaging about 70-75 miles an hour. I find that when I get stuck in traffic in the mornings (rainy days or days that there happen to be an accident) my mileage goes down to the 21 mpg, but on good/normal weeks I get around 24mpg. I also think that the gas tank holds 15.9 gallons but I'm not sure. Hope that helps.

i just ran my first tank through my STI and i got 22mpg... who cares i didnt get it for milage anyways....

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a gajillion threads to be found on this; seems like we get a new one each week at a minimum.

Having said that, what mileage you get will depend LARGELY on driving style. The WRX out of boost is essentially a low compression 4-banger, and capable of high 20's mileage in the city. Some of the lead-foot folks here get down in the teens.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

www.subaru.com
    www.edmunds.com
    www.google.com
    www.EPA.gov

All would of answered your question.

Oh and just to brag, at stage 4 (larger injectors, larger turbo, custom tune), I am STILL managing 25 MPG highway w/o babying the car. Gotta love a well tuned car
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I was getting 27mpg with my OTS Cobb VF34 map. Couldn't complain about that.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Gas Mileage

I've just started to log my gas mileage and i got 15mpg off my last tank which had alot of freeway miles and some around town. I've been using 92 octane shell v-power and i have an 02 automatic wrx (stock). Could anyone clue me in to what could be the source of my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by blinker5 View Post
    I've just started to log my gas mileage and i got 15mpg off my last tank which had alot of freeway miles and some around town. I've been using 92 octane shell v-power and i have an 02 automatic wrx (stock). Could anyone clue me in to what could be the source of my problem?
    ibtm

I get 16.5 mpg in mixed driving. I think the source of your problem is that you own a WRX. Seriously though, I have tried all different driving styles and if you can't choose the road you drive on (highway vs. city) then you're probably stuck with your mpg. This is assuming you've already done the basics such as checking tire pressure, removing any unnecessary cargo, etc....
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Quote Originally Posted by blinker5 View Post
    that sounds low even for a 4eat. i guess you can try and increase the tire pressure, an alignment (that actually worked for me, after getting my alignement i get better mpg) regular oil changes...

edit: did you buy the car used? if so, was the car stock when you bought it, was the car tuned for something other then stock?
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

From my knowledge the car is just stock although part of the engine has been rebuilt as it was in an accident, other than that i have checked my tire pressure, car weight and tried to avoid my turbo... I have not checked alignment.

Yes, the car was bought used
    Last edited by blinker5; 04-16-2007 at 10:05 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    You can try a tune up plugs, fuel filter, air filter, clean the maf sensor (with maf sensor cleaner only) and possible clean out the throttle body. Other then that it just takes some pateints to get good mileage. I get low to mid 20's out of my STI and was getting up 20's out of my 2006 wrx. If you are driving for mileage you wont have fun in your car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
    ibtm
    Yep.

This is one of 3-4 topics that gets hammered, so I'm going to start merging WRX mileage threads into this one.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast