The WRX Mileage Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX Mileage Thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jeremy96gase Jiffy Lube will not be able to change your filter for . They could if you ...

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Jiffy Lube will not be able to change your filter for $50. They could if you had a 02-04 because in these years the filter was in the engine bay, and easy to get to.

The 05+ Impreza's have the fuel filter in the gas tank. Most shops will charge an hours worth of labor + parts to do it.
    Here's the instructions on how to install the fuel pump, but it's nearly the same steps to change the fuel filter.
    FUEL PUMP INSTALL

And anyway, there is no need to change the fuel filter, as your mileage will not be changed by having a new filter.

You need to train your right foot.
    Ohh I didn't know that.... if its in the gas tank then ill just take it in if its less then a couple of hours labor... about how often do you have to change out the fuel filter?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My stock 2010 WRX with 260 miles on the odometer gets about 19mpg with mixed driving of city and highway.

I was hoping to get more out of her, but as least she's not getting the 12mpg City/17mpg highway my Toyota Tundra used to get.

22.4 overall. Mainly to and from work/home/gfs house. All city/suburban area driving. No highways.
    33% spirited / 33% normal / 33% gas saving driving.
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

I Support ClubWRX
    wait til summer hits... it'll run a lot better
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    wait til summer hits... it'll run a lot better
    yeah i hope so... what kind of mileage do you get in denver?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Ohh I didn't know that.... if its in the gas tank then ill just take it in if its less then a couple of hours labor... about how often do you have to change out the fuel filter?
    I wouldn't do it until 100,000 miles, or until the CEL comes on due to low fuel pressure. Too, much of a pain to get too, and they are expensive.
    http://www.scoobymods.com/fuel-filte...ent-t3645.html

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah i hope so... what kind of mileage do you get in denver?
    I've gotten up to 35hwy... but that was while I was trying super hard to conserve gas. I'd say city I get around 22 and hwy 28-30 in the summer.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    I wouldn't do it until 100,000 miles, or until the CEL comes on due to low fuel pressure. Too, much of a pain to get too, and they are expensive.
    http://www.scoobymods.com/fuel-filte...ent-t3645.html
    ohh okay... i only have 54k on the odo so i think ill be okay then...
    thanks for the info...

I've gotten up to 35hwy... but that was while I was trying super hard to conserve gas. I'd say city I get around 22 and hwy 28-30 in the summer.
    damn... thats impressive... i noticed that with a vf39 and
    if you have 293whp your probably at about around stage 3 im assuming... very nice...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    damn... thats impressive... i noticed that with a vf39 and
    if you have 293whp your probably at about around stage 3 im assuming... very nice...
    The "stages" end at 2 with the wrx and sti platform now because there are too many options after stage 2... you can't lump them all into one "stage".
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

The "stages" end at 2 with the wrx and sti platform now because there are too many options after stage 2... you can't lump them all into one "stage".
    yeah thats what i figured... so are your transmission and diffs stock?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah thats what i figured... so are your transmission and diffs stock?
    You can see my full lost of modifications in my signature.

I have an ACT Super Street Clutch and ACT Streetlight Flywheel, and Subaru Extra S transmission fluid... otherwise the tranny is 100% stock.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

You can see my full lost of modifications in my signature.

I have an ACT Super Street Clutch and ACT Streetlight Flywheel, and Subaru Extra S transmission fluid... otherwise the tranny is 100% stock.
    ohh okay so 1ce I get up into the 300whp range all that i really have to do is upgrade the clutch? do you know if subaru improved the 5speed for 2006?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I've monitored my mileage since I purchased the car and have noticed unexplained deviations when all known variables are the same (as much as can be controlled). The same route to and from work, the same environmental conditions, the same driving habits, the same level of traffic, the same gas from the same station and I can go from a consistent 24.5 mpg/tank to about 21.5 mpg/tank. The only variable I can't account for would be the possibility of Ethenol in the fuel since the stations here all display the sign "May contain up to 10% Ethenol".

Any thoughts.
    MY08, WRX Sedan w/these mods: SPT CatBack, Perrin catted DP, Cobb AP with Perrin Stage 2 17.5psi 93 oct map, Perrin drop-in filter, Perrin 19mm adj rear swaybar and solid endlinks

You have a lot more variables too... temperature, gas from the same station but doesn't mean its from the same supplier, wind, driving with heater or ac or even with the windows down... all of these can impact your mpg
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

yeah, but I would expect more variations not the same 3mpg all the time. Wind speed may vary on a day to day basis but it's usually calm here. I drive with my windows up almost all the time since its either Winter or Summer with very little in between. The air temp and fuel temp don't add up since I've had these deviations in mpg from one tank to the next in the same week with very little deviation in the environmental conditions.

Thanks!
    MY08, WRX Sedan w/these mods: SPT CatBack, Perrin catted DP, Cobb AP with Perrin Stage 2 17.5psi 93 oct map, Perrin drop-in filter, Perrin 19mm adj rear swaybar and solid endlinks