The WRX Mileage Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX Mileage Thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i know my tank is 15.9 and im usually getting about 170-200 miles to the full tank so im ...

well i know my tank is 15.9 and im usually getting about 170-200 miles to the full tank so im just divinding my miles by my gallons and i also usually never shift after 4 grand unless im actually trying to go fast but normally im shifting at 3,000

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by guatemalanboi View Post
    well i know my tank is 15.9 and im usually getting about 170-200 miles to the full tank so im just divinding my miles by my gallons and i also usually never shift after 4 grand unless im actually trying to go fast but normally im shifting at 3,000
    I would assume at this point then that math is your problem.

You usually wont use all the gallons in your tank. If you are dividing the miles driven by 15.9 thinking you've used all your gas then you are doing it wrong.

Take the miles driven and divide that by the GALLONS YOU PUT into the car from the pump.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i get ~19-20 with driving around town and ~26 with all city on a stock 05... lookin forward to better everything with an AP
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

ok well how about this im at half tank right now and i have driven about 95 miles anyone else around there?

ok well how about this im at half tank right now and i have driven about 95 miles anyone else around there?
    That sounds pretty bad, I'm around 90 miles and I haven't used a 1/4 tank yet. My miles were mostly trafic free(for the most part) freeway though.

yea so i definitly know something is wrong with my car now its not like im beating on my car taking it to 6 grand at all times

I Support ClubWRX
    25 mpg either way SoCal -- Las Vegas using CA 91 going and NV 91 returning at reasonable speeds, with AC on. 27+ mpg all-time record for commuting. 2.0L motor.

Still too high, shame on Subaru.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

gil
    I drive an 06 WRX cobb stage 2,and the only time that I've gotten over 18 mpg was when I first got the car and was taking it very easy breaking it in. Now I average 15 to 16 with driving about half & half freeway/city.

I Support ClubWRX
    yea so i definitly know something is wrong with my car now its not like im beating on my car taking it to 6 grand at all times
    Everyone gauge can be different. On my wrx it wouldnt be at 3/4 of a tank until 70 miles. Now my STI is there at 50 miles and I get very simular MPG.

You need to caclulate things the right way before saying anything is wrong.

I am usually around 100 miles at a half tank but the gauge drops alot from Full the first 20 miles I drive.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    You need to caclulate things the right way before saying anything is wrong.
    +1
    It's goofy to try to estimate gas mileage with your fuel gauge.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

well i guess then if your around the same mileage 2 then its just the car since i always figured at least a couple more miles outta my car since its a 4 cylinder but alright ima check it for sure this weekend

now im at 145 miles driven and between 1/2 tank and 1/4 tank

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    I'm Cobb Stage 2+UP with an 04WRX & I get between 22-26MPG. MPGs depends on if you're driving mostly highway or mostly short trips & how hard you drive it as well. Think about that one for a minute & it'll come to you. It just makes sense.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Gas Mileage

I got a brand new '08 WRX 5 days ago. It's a great car and all, but does anyone else get really bad gas mileage?

The dash is reading 15.9-16.2 average mpg. I do about 90%/10% highway/city driving. Aren't WRX's supposed to be getting at least 20mpgs?

I also calculated the mpgs myself after using up my first tank of gas, and it came out to about 19-20 mpg, but that was with some spirited driving.

I'm already at a half a tank with no spirited driving (shifting at or under 4000 RPM). I filled up two days ago.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon45189 View Post
    I got a brand new '08 WRX 5 days ago. It's a great car and all, but does anyone else get really bad gas mileage?

The dash is reading 15.9-16.2 average mpg. I do about 90%/10% highway/city driving. Aren't WRX's supposed to be getting at least 20mpgs?

I also calculated the mpgs myself after using up my first tank of gas, and it came out to about 19-20 mpg, but that was with some spirited driving.

I'm already at a half a tank with no spirited driving (shifting at or under 4000 RPM). I filled up two days ago.
    Seems normal to me. All you have really done is proven the in-dash mpg gauge to be inaccurate.

Yeah, I've found them to be inaccurate in most if not all cars. However, shouldn't I be getting more miles out my car? I've seen 08 WRX's get up to 24/25 mpg.