The WRX Mileage Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 150

This is a discussion on The WRX Mileage Thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i got one quick question guys i was wondering what everyone else gets for gas mileage on theyre subys because ...

  1. #16
    Registered User guatemalanboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Berwyn, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    75

    gas mileage

    i got one quick question guys i was wondering what everyone else gets for gas mileage on theyre subys because i know im getting about 200 to the tank and

    i was just wondering if thats normal for my car or what ive had other cars drove the same way and they get about 400 to the tank and bigger engine so is it maybe just my turbo? any input would be helpful thanx

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Going by the tank is a horrible way to keep track of it. Reset the trip on the next fill up and drive. When you fill up divide the number of gallons by the number of miles you went and get your mpgs.

    People commonly get anywhere between 15-27 mpg depending on year, car, and mods.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  4. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Here is my milage thread...I've kept track from the first fill up to my last.

    2007 Sti Mpg Log


    I have a 07 STI so it's a tad bit different then your 06 but it's a good starting point. I usually get 22-24 mpg and usually take 7-8 gallons which is around 200 per tank if I pushed it that far.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  5. #19
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Here is my milage thread...I've kept track from the first fill up to my last.

    2007 Sti Mpg Log


    I have a 07 STI so it's a tad bit different then your 06 but it's a good starting point. I usually get 22-24 mpg and usually take 7-8 gallons which is around 200 per tank if I pushed it that far.
    what is the lowest you should take the tank? 1/4? 1/2? just wondering

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    what is the lowest you should take the tank? 1/4? 1/2? just wondering
    E

  7. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Technik View Post
    E
    I'd say just a little bit before E. All the crap in the gas settles towards the bottom and when you start trying to use that last little drop you suck all that crap up. I usually go just a tad below 1/4 tank on long trips (gives you time to get off highway and find a station) or at 1/4 around town.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  8. #22
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,004
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I'd say just a little bit before E. All the crap in the gas settles towards the bottom and when you start trying to use that last little drop you suck all that crap up. I usually go just a tad below 1/4 tank on long trips (gives you time to get off highway and find a station) or at 1/4 around town.
    +1
    You don't save a penny by running the tank dry, anyway.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  9. #23
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,592
    I Support ClubWRX
    The pump sock is already at the bottom of the tank, and the vehicle is always in motion shaking up the sediment. Run it to E if you feel like it.

  10. #24
    Registered User 96accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    6,103
    yeah thats what i do right now with my car.. right around 1/4 left i fill up.

  11. #25
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,004
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    The pump sock is already at the bottom of the tank, and the vehicle is always in motion shaking up the sediment. Run it to E if you feel like it.
    I had always heard that:

    • The electric pump in the tank is cooled by the liquid, and could perhaps suffer damage if the tank is emptied
    • There is condensation at the bottom of the tank, and that you wind up pumping that into your fuel system, effecting drivability.

    Not true?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  12. #26
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I had always heard that:

    • The electric pump in the tank is cooled by the liquid, and could perhaps suffer damage if the tank is emptied
    • There is condensation at the bottom of the tank, and that you wind up pumping that into your fuel system, effecting drivability.

    Not true?
    To add into this I realize the fuel system is pressurized but if you are driving 10/10ths dont you run the risk of going hard into a turn and having the car run lean? I'd assume same thing from WOT at a dead stop you could probaly push all the fuel towards the rear of the tank. Not true?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  13. #27
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,592
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I had always heard that:
    • The electric pump in the tank is cooled by the liquid, and could perhaps suffer damage if the tank is emptied
    • There is condensation at the bottom of the tank, and that you wind up pumping that into your fuel system, effecting drivability.
    Not true?
    Not in my experience.

    Yes, a fuel pump can be damaged by running the car out of gas, but normally the car will cease to run loooong before the damage is done.

    Put water and fuel in a jug and shake it up. That's what it looks like when you drive. If you need a better example, go driving with a half full fish tank in your passenger seat.

    Fuel tanks are set up beveled at the bottom, with internal "runners" to feed the fuel to the pump pickup situated at the very bottom of the tank.

  14. #28
    Registered User guatemalanboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Berwyn, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    75
    well ive been calculating my mileage everytime i fill up and im getting about 200 to the fill up or less so im guessing im getting about 12-14 mpg

    that doesnt sound to good for a 2.5 because even in my other car im getting about 350 to the tank and the tank is a 16 gal. and the engine its a 3.5L

  15. #29
    Registered User RollTideRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by guatemalanboi View Post
    well ive been calculating my mileage everytime i fill up and im getting about 200 to the fill up or less so im guessing im getting about 12-14 mpg

    that doesnt sound to good for a 2.5 because even in my other car im getting about 350 to the tank and the tank is a 16 gal. and the engine its a 3.5L
    Yeah, that's pretty bad mileage. I've been getting around 21mpg regularly. The only real trick I even bother with is shifting between 3000-3500 rpms so that I never really build up any boost. I've only had my car for a short time, but everything I've seen says that more boost = less mpg.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #127
    06 WRB WRX

    "I will say one thing. It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -Mario Andretti

  16. #30
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by guatemalanboi View Post
    well ive been calculating my mileage everytime i fill up and im getting about 200 to the fill up or less so im guessing im getting about 12-14 mpg

    that doesnt sound to good for a 2.5 because even in my other car im getting about 350 to the tank and the tank is a 16 gal. and the engine its a 3.5L
    How are you calculating your milage?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •