The WRX Mileage Thread - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

This is a discussion on The WRX Mileage Thread within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; During this past winter I was 'stuck' getting around 22-23 mpg in a stock 2010 wrx. since it has warmed ...

mileage

During this past winter I was 'stuck' getting around 22-23 mpg in a stock 2010 wrx.

since it has warmed up, with the same driving style milage has increased to about 26-28.

earlier today I drove VERY gently like and stayed somewhat close behind a semi on the interstate averaging about 60mph... the avg mpg readout showed 36.0 after 24 miles. a very non-typical situation I know.. but it can be quite fun seeing what is possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    I've monitored my mileage since I purchased the car and have noticed unexplained deviations when all known variables are the same (as much as can be controlled). The same route to and from work, the same environmental conditions, the same driving habits, the same level of traffic, the same gas from the same station and I can go from a consistent 24.5 mpg/tank to about 21.5 mpg/tank. The only variable I can't account for would be the possibility of Ethenol in the fuel since the stations here all display the sign "May contain up to 10% Ethenol".

Any thoughts.
    there is a way to test ethanol level in gasoline. ive done this at tech school, but i forget what you add to it (involves a beaker). all i remember is here in pa in order of best to worst= sunoco,bp,wawa,turkey hill, and (a few others here)and hess was the worst. after the test i tried the best and the worst and compared the mileage. i ended up with like 6 mpg's difference between the two.(I ended up using wawa anyway because they are on every block here) maybe i can find how to duplicate the test.

2011 wrx ( 1000 miles ) - Low Gas Mileage

Hey Guys,
    I got 2001 wrx sedan a couple months ago. Its has clocked 1000 miles so far. I have gone through 3-4 full tanks of gas so far and each time i only end up getting around 19 miles/Gallon. After going through the forums it looks like folks have been getting above 20 on average so i am concerned if i am doing something wrong.
    Most of my driving has been around town. I tried to keep a light foot the first few tanks of gas but when i didn't get better gas mileage then i stopped caring :-) the next few tanks, i tried to have some fun ! acceleated hard a few times but the mileage still remained same i.e 18.6 miles/gallon. I was expecting it to go down but it didn't which is a good thing i guess.But i am confused as to why it does not increase when i am driving with a light foot.
    Do new cars give less gas mileage ? would it improve after the first oil change ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by man_gaur78 View Post
    Most of my driving has been around town.
    Here lies the answer to your question....
    Last edited by Trainrex; 12-19-2010 at 06:27 AM.

my stock 2011 gets me barely 300 miles to the tank most of the time its been 285 miles to the tank. SUcks but i love driving that car so whatever. Latley iv had a lead foot so im getting 250 or so. costs me 48 bucks to fill up from empty with premium gas.

i get barely 100 to the tank.... and you guys are complaining (city)

I had to replace my windshield doing close to the same thing. I get about the same mpg with my 09 wrx with no snow on the ground. As soon as the roads out here get covered in snow its play time ...
    with 18-20 mpg.

when i fill my tank from when the fuel light is on to a full tank which is about 40ish $ at $3.25/g for premium. i get about 250m.. per tank.. thats alternating between both city and highway

Quote Originally Posted by Kraziee WRX View Post
    Year of Subie? Mods of Subie? Mileage of Subie?

I got about 375ish miles to the tank on my stock 05 saab 9-2x aero (wrx wagon) and the needle was barley above the E line... Thats with about 85% freeway with 1-2 wot pulls to 3rd gear

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraziee WRX View Post
    Do you have a 4 gallon fuel cell?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Has anyone switched from a stock 2011 exhaust to the SPT catback? If so, did you notice a drop off in MPG? My car had the SPT exhaust installed at the time of purchase and I'm just curious if the stock exhaust yields better mileage.

Currently i'm getting about 285 miles per tank and filling up approximately 14 gallons per stop. That comes out to about 20.3 MPG. Not too bad I guess.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

A catback exhaust will not change your fuel mileage.

all stock 04 srx wagon 5 speed. 350 ish miles to a tank average. With about 2 wot 3rd gear pulls a day. Mostly freeway

I used to get 10MPG on my 88' 5.0, so going to almost 21 on average is amazing! Even if it is premium.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.