The Snow.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Snow. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So as a new owner I was struggling to figure out what all the hype was about. I own an ...

The Snow.

So as a new owner I was struggling to figure out what all the hype was about. I own an 07 Sti, which is dirty fast and a blast to drive. It handles pretty damn well, but it dosent take much to go 15 straight miles to work everyday. As a new owner, I had yet to figure out the dedication people had to these cars until today.

The answer...

Snow. I figured it would be a safe move to toss some winter wheels (rota g forces) wrapped with Falken 512s. It was. I have never in my life enjoyed a day in the snow like I did today. Previous thought: Getting off early from work, sh*t now I have to drive in the snow before the plows hit them. Not today. I did not realize the maddness that this car exibits in the snow, and I am sold.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good stuff
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

i drove 50 miles in the snow today. no problem even with stock rubber. handles the snow way better than quattro in my previous audi. This is why i bought a rex. 60 mph on the highway was no problem. no slipping or anything. im pretty stoked. subaru awd ftw.
    2006 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX
    SPT intake-Greddy weighted shiftknob-RallyArmor flaps-Tinted windows-Spoiler-5Zigen rims.

Drove about 60 miles through poorly plowed streets with 10" of snow.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Was pushing through snow drifts with the front bumper on the way home yesterday. With these new winter force tires and steel wheels this thing would climb a tree. Thank you tire rack!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #33

AWD goodness...and 4 wheel drifting in the snow!

+235,000

Patrick
    RSX-S
    Sold: '03 WRX Wagon (bugeyes rock!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, take it on some dirt roads and you'll have a blast.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by TReeRex View Post
    Was pushing through snow drifts with the front bumper on the way home yesterday. With these new winter force tires and steel wheels this thing would climb a tree. Thank you tire rack!
    That is more than enough didn't your parents ever tell you to share?
    So where is my snow, all we got is the cold and plenty of sun for a change, great for washing & waxing though.
    That was yesterday then it poured down in the evening, today is the same so it is interior car mats are in the washing machine and carpet &seats to be scrubbed later.
    BUT I WOULD RATHER BE OUT PLAYING IN THE SNOW. Share it you mean old meanies!!!

PLEASE

DONNA XxX

^^^ Nope. This will be the third snow for all of maybe 5" this year. I'm keeping everything I can get.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I don;t know what you guys are talking about...I am sliding constantly!...Might be because I am flooring it constantly but that isn't the point!

I love the fact that it has so much control while forcing it out of control. My Tiburon would just understeer completely and I would have 0 steering while giving it gas in snow. I assume you need to be very careful with the gas in RWD but AWD is easy to regain control for me.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

Ah, yes. Snow = teh best. I love drifting around the last corner to get to work and making people think I'm outta control and just pulling it back into a perfect line nonchalantly like nothing is outta the ordinary.

Actually, drifting in the snow in the winter is very practical too. On my previous commute route there was a side road I had to take where I had to pull onto a main road. There would be about 150 cars lined up moving slowly and they wouldn't let you in. So, what I would do was wait for an opening where they weren't planning to let me in, but there was still enough space for me to safely fit in, and I would floor it and drift sideways across the intersection and basically "parallel park" between the cars that were moving 2-3mph to get on the road between them. Hah, take that rude drivers!
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.