Subaru WRX Forum banner

Instead of remote starter ... turbo timer?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ScubaruJuan 
#1 ·
It seems that it may be a pain to install an alarm/remote starter on my 02 wrx. Theres a "blue" wire I can tap in order for the remote starter to determine whether the car is in gear or not. That is still some what unconfirmed though because I haven't found enough to really know this to be true.

So I was thinking, it may be safer and easier to just install a Blitz turbo timer with a WRX wiring harness designed for a simple plug and play install. I can set it up to run for 10 minutes or what ever time period I set, I don't have to bypass my current keyless entry and the one I'm looking at even come with some extras like a boost gauge and such. What do you think about this idea, has any one else gone this route?

BTW this is the turbo timer I'm looking at .. any suggestions on some others I should look at?

http://www.jscspeed.com/index.html?/univ/electronics/blitz_timers.htm

#3 ·
+1

I'm kind of confused what your trying to do because you said you wanted a blitz turbo timer instead of a remote start but those aren't really 2 comparable items, they have 2 different purposes.

#6 ·
Well I guess I didn't make it clear I'm sorry. I've seen turbo timers which will allow you to turn a car on and remove the key and the car will stay on for a set period of time. If you put the key back in, you can then move the car. I want to install a TT so I can start my car, let it warm up in the winter, or turn the AC on and let the car cool down in the summer. I want to do this cause here in NY it gets TOOO TOO cold to just turn on the car and leave. Summers can get a bit toasty too. Installing a TT will give me that function. I need a way to prevent some one from stealing my car while its on. Thats my goal.

#8 ·
use an intelligent cycle on the remote start - I've seen this done - don't know how - ask an installer

here's the process in use

1. park and pull up ebrake (I'm guessing the ebrake is wired somehow)
2. turn key to off (engine still runs)
3. get out and shut door - push lock button
4. alarm arms and car keeps running on timer set by alarm

This assures the car was left out of gear.

1. push buttons 1 + 2 on remote to start car
2. car starts
3. push unlock button
4. get in, put in key turn to on position and undo ebrake

#9 ·
That does sound nice .. I have heard of different methods and things people use but I need to find that particular model of an alarm/remote starter that will work. I do know the TT will work for me .. just it isn't the "most ideal" method.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.