FINALLY: Took Delivery: 06 OBP Lmtd Wgn!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on FINALLY: Took Delivery: 06 OBP Lmtd Wgn! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up everybody. As some of you may know I was in a long debate with SOA over the status ...

FINALLY: Took Delivery: 06 OBP Lmtd Wgn!

Whats up everybody. As some of you may know I was in a long debate with SOA over the status of my 04 psm wrx sedan, which had two engine failures within 1200 miles of one another. A long story short, SOA finally stepped up and closed the gap enough that I could afford to upgrade to an 06 lmtd wagon.

As for the color I had a choice between SGM or OBP, the SGM had every pro that a color could have and the OBP had most of the cons, but like a sucker, I fell for the clean black one on the lot. Simply too sexy to turn down, ultimately I'll probably get most people saying I told you so with the swirls and scratches, but again it was too nice to turn down when it came time to sign the papers.

I don't know how many people have driven an 04 and an 06 or 07, but there is a significant difference in my opinion. First off the 06 is a limited, and although my 04 was a premium, the 06 limited has so many more creature comforts-leather, climate control, etc....secondly the 06 just feels much more refined. The 04 was raw nasssstinesss, the clutch was heavier as was the steering, the 06 seems to have a lighter clutch, and a tad lighter steering but the power is so much more smooth and streamline, you don't notice the turbo lag nearly as much and the car feels just overall much more like a luxury performance sedan. Less noises, more solid feel, and oh yeah PURE WRX POWER AND FUN!

The weather was really crappy here tonight so no pictures of the car it self but here is a tease shot with the crappy webcam....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 8.jpg  
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OBP FTW!!!
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by GateWRXING View Post
    Whats up everybody. As some of you may know I was in a long debate with SOA over the status of my 04 psm wrx sedan, which had two engine failures within 1200 miles of one another. A long story short, SOA finally stepped up and closed the gap enough that I could afford to upgrade to an 06 lmtd wagon.

As for the color I had a choice between SGM or OBP, the SGM had every pro that a color could have and the OBP had most of the cons, but like a sucker, I fell for the clean black one on the lot. Simply too sexy to turn down, ultimately I'll probably get most people saying I told you so with the swirls and scratches, but again it was too nice to turn down when it came time to sign the papers.

I don't know how many people have driven an 04 and an 06 or 07, but there is a significant difference in my opinion. First off the 06 is a limited, and although my 04 was a premium, the 06 limited has so many more creature comforts-leather, climate control, etc....secondly the 06 just feels much more refined. The 04 was raw nasssstinesss, the clutch was heavier as was the steering, the 06 seems to have a lighter clutch, and a tad lighter steering but the power is so much more smooth and streamline, you don't notice the turbo lag nearly as much and the car feels just overall much more like a luxury performance sedan. Less noises, more solid feel, and oh yeah PURE WRX POWER AND FUN!

The weather was really crappy here tonight so no pictures of the car it self but here is a tease shot with the crappy webcam....
    2 words... hair cut.

lol... just jk... gratz
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

congrats on the new car

congrads
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Pics or ban. Black wagons look awesome.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Good choice. Congratulations.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on your new wagon!!!

post pics soon...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

congrats on the new car and +1 Wagon FTW!!!
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

congrats!
    I'm partial to the OBP also.
    'Hard to keep it looking clean.
    But, very nice looking when she is clean.
    <---Is that not the ugliest critter?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #43

I'm a noob here, just making sure this is a 06 lmtd wagon right?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=1&cardist=25
    Last edited by hakgwai; 02-08-2007 at 05:38 PM. Reason: add link

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hakgwai View Post

Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by hakgwai View Post

Yep, but it looks better in SGM.

NYCDieselWRX
    yea with that deal you get locked into a 150k mile warranty and have to use the tires they suppply you with! not so good..the price isnt that good either!

cream color interiors are very hard to keep clean, and once cream leather is soiled its very difficult to get out trust me!!!lol

I love black but it's true about them showing every little scratch...I'm switching to white for my next car probally. Congrats.
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.