NO Start :^(
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NO Start :^( within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings, My '02 WRX with 75k miles failed to start 2 weeks ago. While the battery seemed OK, the interior ...

NO Start :^(

Greetings,
    My '02 WRX with 75k miles failed to start 2 weeks ago. While the battery seemed OK, the interior lights came on and the internal chimes were working, when I turnted the key to start it nothing happened. No starter noise, nothing, nada, zip. Trying it again 10 minutes later if started fine and ran/started fine for the next 2 weeks.
    Yesterday, it did the same thing again. This time I twisted the steering wheel hard and move the shifter lever (auto.) around a bit. When I tried again it started just fine. As the battery cables are tight and the connections clean, what do you think is the problem?
    Is there a "safety switch" in the steering column or shifter assembly that is out of adjustment, or do I have a starter/solenoid/relay type problem?

Thanks for your help!!!

ktmhk53

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When was the last time you changed your spark plugs?

Possibly your starter? Possibly bad gas someplace?

Not really sure what yoru problem is, just trying to throw some things out there for you.

Actually now that I have thought of it. You have an automatic. There is a sensor in the PARK drive that needs to be ingaged before the car will even turn over. Could be that sensor maybe?

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    It wouldn't be a starter, theres either bad ground connection or bad connection to the starter or battery.

That makes sense if you had to move the steering wheel around cause if your not even cranking something isn't got a good connection at all.

If you don't have much mechanical understanding take it to a mechanic otherwise you can take off the steering wheel cover and check the ignition and its connection. Check all your starter, battery, ignition grounds. Its an automatic you say? Something could be wrong with your park sensor so its telling the car its not in park and won't start.

you say you had to move the shifter? the sensor for the park/neutral safety switch on the transmission may just be loose...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.