Changing my transmission oil in 02wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Changing my transmission oil in 02wrx within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by udelslayer actually, i'm curious how many people are running super lightweight shockproof and for how long. I've ...

Quote Originally Posted by udelslayer
    actually, i'm curious how many people are running super lightweight shockproof and for how long. I've been thinking of putting that in my box if it inproves the smooth gear on gear action..... I've got the ns in there only right now. I dont have grinds, but damn is that box crunchy...
    The redline lightweight shockproof actually comes in a white bottle. I am using the lightweight shockproof in the trans, and redline synthetic 75W90NS in the rear diff. The NS means it had no friction modifiers in it. Our Subaru's do not need friction modifiers because the rear limited slip is actually sealed, and all the oil that gets put in only lubricates the ring and pinion gears. I swapped out my tranny oil at 14K with the redline lightweight shockproof and also installed kartboy front and rear shifter bushings. The money spent for these little things was the best money I have ever spent on a mod. I was hesitant to use the shockproof at first, but after doing some extensive research I have found that many people use it in the wrx without any problems. Testes1010 from this board has been using the shockproof for quite some time in his heavily modded wrx and swears by it. He is the one that convinced me to go with it. If you would like to purchase it I have found summit racing to be the cheapest. You will need to purchase 5 quarts to fill the tranny and diff (3.75 for the tranny, and .75 for the diff). I didnt put the shockproof in the rear diff because I had a bottle of 75W90NS laying around. Here is the link http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Hope this help you find the road to a better shifter feel
    06-wrx: stage 2 and loving every minute of it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, after driving the car the 2nd day, the Redline MT-90 tranny oil seems to be working better, and now i can shift from 3rd to 4th about 3000-3500rpm without a grind. Before the oil i had to change gears at about 1000-1500rpm, but! it still grinds if i change from 3rd to 4th in Higher rpm's above 3500+.

Gonna give it another day or so, and if it doesnt fix completely, im gonna order the Redline Lightweight Shockproof tranny oil.

And Redline 75W90NS (synthetic) good for the rear differential? Or anyone have something better they've had some good experience with?

You can use the 75w-90ns in the rear, or you could use the lightweight shockproof in there. I don't think it would make much of a difference.
    06-wrx: stage 2 and loving every minute of it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12