Subaru WRX Forum banner

will the DCCD controller plug in to my wrx if I swap the 6?

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  zax 
#1 ·
What up everyone I been looking at the STI 6 speeds to swap out with my 5 speed in my 2012 wrx. The synchro in 3 and 4 is going bad anyway. I get locked out of 3 ( mostly) and 4th usually when running with another car it happens.it really has me at a disadvantage when cutting it close on pulling on another car. Right now I'm at 350wtq and I know that's the higher end on what these 5 speeds can handle. I take care of it and drive it properly and put the least amount of stress on it as I can but I'd love to have that 6 speed. They are not cheap by any means I'm looking at 4K just for the 6 speed CDIFF brembos everything I need but I don't see the DCCD controller with the set up on any of them. I'm mostly looking on E- bay. My question is after the 6 speed is installed does the DCCD controller plug Into the new 6 speed or does it plug somewhere into my cars ECU or?

#3 ·
Yes I will need al that you mentioned. I was just being lazy and I put and everything instead of typing out each part needed. All the swaps for sale I e looked at come with everything but I don't see the DCCD controller and was curious where and how it plugs in. I've never been in a STI so idk the benefits of it. Personally I feel as long as I had those 6 gears I'd be happy with out it. Is it really that nice/helpful to those of u that used it personally. Is it really worth it

#4 ·
No. You will need a DCCD controller.

https://www.dccdpro.com/

From what I've seen in your other posts, you need to focus on other **** before worrying about your transmission. If you don't constantly launch and bang the gears, your trans will likely be fine at 350wtq.

If you want the STI 6MT, sell the WRX and buy an STI. It will be cheaper and save the resell of the car in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.