Subaru WRX Forum banner

Thoughts on the upcoming WRX STI Type RA?

5K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  8007 
#1 ·
I heard about the Subaru coming out with a new limited edition high performance versions of the STI and BRZ (the BRZ tS) and was just wondering what people's opinions were on it. Here the info I got on it

WRX STI Type RA

310hp thanks to revised intake, exhaust and engine tuning
Upgraded suspension with Bilstein® dampers
Lightweight 19-inch BBS® forged alloy wheels with gold finish
Carbon fiber roof and rear wing

Seems it also has stronger pistons and a revised 3rd gear ratio as well.

Each limited to 500 units and only available in WR blue, white or black.

Is anyone here even interested in getting one?

#9 ·
It depends on the business practice of the parent company (Subaru Global) and the agreements placed between Subaru Global and the dealerships. Oftentimes, special editions of vehicles are immune the Terms and Conditions of product sales. Example: Launch Edition and Hyperblue STIs were often marked up above MSRP. The same happened to the EVO Final Edition.

#19 ·
Speaking of markups, Dodge has an interesting method to combat this with the upcoming Dodge Demon. Vehicles will be built, and delivered in this priority.

First vehicles sold below MSRP, then vehicles sold at MSRP and then vehicles sold above MSRP last.

Essentially all the cars will be factory ordered by buyers, dealers can't order one to just sit on their lots.

#21 ·
That strategy to me sounds like... Special vendors and employee price customers (if they offer employee plans for the demon), then return customers paying cash, then joe blow off the street. Meaning i think if you aren't special the dealer will tell you they have no order allocation

#22 ·
I called my local dealer to ask about this since I'm shortly in the market.

1. they can't reserve them, and aren't getting them until march 2018.
2. Each dealership is going to get 1. yes, just juan.
3. I doubt we are going to see a dealer mark up of 25k like that Honda. However, you better be ready to put your money where your mouth is and show up cash. with this few selling, there are always going to be the Jay Leno's and A list enthusiasts whom are going to drop a check off for 60k and tell the dealer to arrange shipping when they receive it, so there goes some of the models.
4. finally, let's face it This is probably going to be a 55k MSRP or more. the carbon fiber goodies, engine upgrades and all that, 100% expensive AF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.