Subaru WRX Forum banner

Taking my WRX back to the dealer

10K views 49 replies 20 participants last post by  MainFrame 
#1 ·
I talked to the service manager at the dealership where I bought my 2017 WRX and asked about rev hang. Apparently, no one has ever brought this up to them :confused: So I have an appointment this evening to drop it off and have them check it out and get Subaru's opinion on it. I'm also going to drive my car with a tech on board and point it out so they can't say they couldn't replicate the problem. Let's see what happens. In the mean time, they're giving me a loaner until they get it figured out.

#46 ·
jimbobborg said:
Since I'm an adult, I'm capable of determining when and where to pick my battles. The rev hang has been on these cars since they were first built. The sad thing is, people get tunes that eliminate this and still pass emissions tests.
Emissions testing as in they aren't throwing DTCs and the Readiness monitors are all online? Many emissions testings at the owner level are not at the same level held to a manufacturer. There are a bunch of Subarus without a catalytic converter that "pass emissions tests" on the road today, but would certainly fail if Subaru tried to test those same cars on what they're required to undergo.

#48 ·
Sniffer tests. Which should be the only test that matters. But bureaucrats know better, so they forced manufacturers to install catalytic converters and other nonsense. Cats "solved" two problems, emissions from people who don't maintain their vehicles, and no more leaded gas in the US. As with all things in a nanny state, personal responsibility is moved to others and the statists marched right along with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.