MAPerformance Stage 2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MAPerformance Stage 2 within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is anyone running the MAPerformance Stage 2 map with any aftermarket J-pipe and their Intake? Any positives or negatives? There ...

MAPerformance Stage 2

Is anyone running the MAPerformance Stage 2 map with any aftermarket J-pipe and their Intake? Any positives or negatives? There are plenty of reviews on their stage 1 map, but not many on their stage 2 map.

And I know that MAPerformance requires that you use their Intake for the Stage 2 map.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP - CAI, 605 plugs, 3" downpipe
    2016 WRX Premium - Stage 1, 93 Octane (MAPerformance Map)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I installed their CAI and stage 2 tune last weekend, so far I'm liking it much better than COBB's CAI and tune. Car feels much stronger.
    2017 WRX Limited - Cobb Turbo back with MAP CAI and Tune
    2015 Yamaha FZ09

Are you using Cobb's J-pipe? I'm looking for J-pipe recommendations as well.

Grimmspeed? Cobb? etc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have never been a fan of cobb's exhaust. Overpriced, and it tapers down to a 2.5 inch before the catback, so it isn't a true 3 inch turboback.

Not sure about MAPerformance's map requirements, but I know cobbs are made for a catted j pipe. So any J pipe with a high flow cat would work. I would suggest Grimmspeed, or Invidia.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    2012 WRB STi Limited Sedan
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Retired and traded.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...sti-build.html <---- My STi build thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----My WRX build thread

I was thinking Grimmspeed, but I'm still leaving the door open to others.

As far as their Stage 2 map goes, this is the requirement that they list on their page:

Please Note: Requires MAP Intake, Any Catted/Catless Aftermarket J-Pipe and the Secondary Boost Pill MUST be Removed

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    I have never been a fan of cobb's exhaust. Overpriced, and it tapers down to a 2.5 inch before the catback, so it isn't a true 3 inch turboback.
    1. You must be talking about the GR exhaust. Cobb's GD exhaust was damn near perfect in tone and level.
    2. The taper is nearly inconsequential. The restriction to overall flow would not be noticed at any reasonable power.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I recently bought their kit. Went with catted and mufflers. Really liked the quality of parts. The welds were beautiful. I briefly went Cobb stage 1 flash just before I got around to installing the parts. The intake sounds awesome. I thought it could be annoying but actually love it and it's not too loud driving around normal. The exhaust sounds great and isn't obnoxiously loud.

As for the tune I'm new to the whole tuning/access port. I'm running their 91 tune on 93 fuel. It's typical for me to register a -1.41 feedback knock on hard pulls to about 6k. Dam has never changed from 1 ever. I ran the 93 very briefly and saw a -2.81 feedback knock.

Love it so far and I enjoy the car 100x more than stock and way more than Cobb stage 1. Call and order from Ian (he typically gives a discount).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a dumb question but on the MAP page they have a Downpipe and a J-pipe. What's the difference? There is a bit of a price difference.

Down pipe and j pipe are the same thing. Map's own downpipe (manufactured in house by them) is two pieces where as grimspeeds is one piece. They also retail other brands.

Map's downpipe with a high flow cat is 100 bucks more than if you get their downpipe catless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lawadm1 View Post
    This may be a dumb question but on the MAP page they have a Downpipe and a J-pipe. What's the difference? There is a bit of a price difference.
    The STI uses a down pipe and the WRX uses a J pipe, be careful when ordering.

Yes, people who don't know better call the J pipe a down pipe, but it is not.
    2017 WRX Limited - Cobb Turbo back with MAP CAI and Tune
    2015 Yamaha FZ09

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.