What RPM to cruise at 2017 wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What RPM to cruise at 2017 wrx within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I've had my car for one day and put a 100 miles on it. I like cruising around 2 ...

What RPM to cruise at 2017 wrx

So I've had my car for one day and put a 100 miles on it. I like cruising around 2 to 3 thousand rpms.. I don't like bogging the engine but in my neighborhood I'm only going around 15 to 20 mph and 1st gear is awful and 2nd feels like I'm way to low in rpms.. any advice or your expireneces would be awesome

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ya 1st is very short. I'm normally in 2nd at those speeds.
    2017 WRX Limited - Cobb Turbo back with MAP CAI and Tune
    2015 Yamaha FZ09

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I am in 2nd until 20mph where I shift to third. Why do you think 15-20 in 2nd is way low? Unless you need power, level street cruising at 2000rpm or even 1500rpm is fine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not the speed I was worried about but the rpms dropping below 1800 it seems a little laggy. I was driving today and wasn't bad.. when I was going 15 mph in 2nd the rpms were a little low but still had power when I needed to get on the throttle

I Support ClubWRX
    Why do you need to get on the throttle in a neighborhood? Go the speed limit and then accelerate after you pass the speed limit sign for the change in mph. You don't need to be in constant turbo spool.
    2015 WRX DGM 6mt, Bone stock for now, tint and clear bra to start, then moving forward.

From my experience, as long as you're precise with the throttle actuation you can easily avoid bogging and shaking the car. I short shift the crap out of my car to save gas. I prefer the lowest RPM I can safely drive at.
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

Accessport and stage I tune....
    2017 WRX

Yeah that's how I see it. I'm still breaking in the engine.. I have 200 miles on it. I was just worried about hurting the engine going real low rpms. Right now I'm only getting 20.5 mpg.. do u cruise lower than 2500 rpms? I want to save some gas

Cruising sanely at 2k rpm or a little less is fine. As long as you are not sitting there lugging it you wont have to worry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

I toss it into 3rd for my neighborhood and then downshift for turns. Bump it up to 25 and tell the kids to stay off your lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Serocyde View Post
    Why do you need to get on the throttle in a neighborhood? Go the speed limit and then accelerate after you pass the speed limit sign for the change in mph. You don't need to be in constant turbo spool.
    You totally missed the point of the OP.
    He is asking about RPM and worried about lugging it.
    He mentioned nothing about speeding through neighborhoods.
    On 09 September 2016, I drove off in a Lapis Blue, WRX Limited 6mt, with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS, Homelink, Aero Splash Guards, Side Molding, Door Edge Guards & Cargo Tray.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serocyde View Post
    You totally missed the point of the OP.
    He is asking about RPM and worried about lugging it.
    He mentioned nothing about speeding through neighborhoods.
    I was hoping someone would catch that too. I just keep it in second now and sometimes I go down to 1200 rpms and it doesn't seem bad, better than shifting back to first.. anyone else do this?

I try to stay above 2800 rpm.
    Using Tapatalk

I try to stay above 2000 RPM, in any gear. I too fear lugging it.
    Before I knew better, I used to lug my Carolla up hills, to see if it could do it. I believe that may have been the cause of the shafts between engine and transaxle (or whatever it was called) getting ruined.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    On 09 September 2016, I drove off in a Lapis Blue, WRX Limited 6mt, with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS, Homelink, Aero Splash Guards, Side Molding, Door Edge Guards & Cargo Tray.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    I try to stay above 2000 RPM, in any gear. I too fear lugging it.
    Before I knew better, I used to lug my Carolla up hills, to see if it could do it. I believe that may have been the cause of the shafts between engine and transaxle (or whatever it was called) getting ruined.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    I sometimes do 1500 rpms in 2nd gear in my neighborhood going around turns cause I don't like shifting into 1st.. doesn't feel like it's lugging to me. I'm thinking low rpms are OK if ur not consistently driving in them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.