Subaru WRX Forum banner

Longest run time?

722 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ChristopherWRX 
#1 ·
I had my 16 wrx dash set to run time today and noticed its configured for double digits hours running. Double digits doesn't seem possible...

So assuming you shut your car off when fueling what is the longest time your car can run?

Assuming 15.9g tank and EPA highway of 27mpg and an avg speed of 55mpg that only gets you to 7.8hours. Is it possible to exceed 9hr 59min if you just sit idling?

#3 ·
I had my 16 wrx dash set to run time today and noticed its configured for double digits hours running. Double digits doesn't seem possible...

So assuming you shut your car off when fueling what is the longest time your car can run?

Assuming 15.9g tank and EPA highway of 27mpg and an avg speed of 55mpg that only gets you to 7.8hours. Is it possible to exceed 9hr 59min if you just sit idling?
Absolutely you'd exceed 9hr 59min. You will get 0mpg sitting still, but you will also use tremendously less fuel over time doing so. You won't exceed 1000 RPMs after it warms up, unless you rev it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.