Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX-less after 16 years!

757 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BaconRaygun 
#1 ·
For the first time in 16 years I'm without a WRX. I purchased one of the first 02's in our area in 01, got a screaming deal on a 04 wagon when they had several 05's on the lot, purchased a 09 hatch in 09. I've been waiting roughly three years for the hatches to reappear, to no avail. These have always been my wife's daily driver and my weekend fun car- autox, track days, etc.

My wife really wanted something with more clearance than a WRX and armed with the fact that a hatch wasn't likely going to happen anytime soon, we went with a Forester XT :D Fact is I've also replaced car racing with mountain running races, so the ability to get up crappier mountain roads will definitely be a plus.

It's not a WRX obviously, but shares a lot of the same genetics- we both miss the manual transmission, but the paddle shifter is starting to grow on us. Tires suck, nothing unusual about that and will be remedied. Power is very good, I really liked the 2.5 turbo, but the 2.0 with DI and a twin scroll isn't too shabby :)

Anywho, while I no longer own a WRX, I still own a little bit of one.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.