Subaru WRX Forum banner

Body side molding removal inquiry....

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ProZach626 
#1 ·
Hello. After my factory ordered was just delayed another 4 weeks (after a 10 week wait) I'll be picking up a similar 2017 WRX this Friday from the dealer lot. It has the basics I ordered plus body side moldings, which I'm not too crazy about. Will there be any damage to the paint if I decide to take them off at a later time? I don't think they would be willing to take them off for me and dont want to hold anything up. I need a car bad since I sold mine.

#2 ·
No damage, but if you wait a while to do this, you may need a bit of polishing. You can take them off with some dental floss, a hair dryer, and some light solvent (like tar remover) to clean the residue from the tape which holds them on. There are a few youtube videos out there on de-badging and removing moldings.

Trim your fingernails and wear some gloves if you can. It is possible to mar and lightly scratch the paint with your nails while doing this.

Make sure to re-apply wax or sealant to your doors after you do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.