Subaru WRX Forum banner

What are the normal gauges?

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  WRX-maniac 
#1 ·
I just installed my AP v3 2016 wrx.
What are the normal gauges on af learning, af correction, feedback knock and fine knock learning? I'm confuse mostly on af learning and af correction like what is the min and max on both? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I ran 5 gauges on my accessport. Boost/AFR/feedback knock/fine knock learning/DAM.

For boost, the gauge should read whatever your target boost is on your tune +/- 2psi during WOT pulls. At idle if should be anywhere between -8.XX to -10.XX

For AFR it should read: At idle between 14.3 and 14.9, under high boost/WOT between 11.03 and 11.05 (the accessport only reads as low as 11.03) and while in gear and coasting 18.XX to 21.XX. Under light throttle or light boost anywhere in between 11.03 and 14.70

Feedback knock should always be at 0.00. However a reading of -1.40 is considered to be normal and nothing to worry about. You may occasionally get higher knock counts, if it is persistent, stay out of boost and go to a shop.

Fine knock learning is basically the same as feedback knock. But the ecu has learned to pull timing during specific rpms/load/etc. Again -1.40 is considered to be normal, but staying at 0.00 is ideal.

DAM, or dynamic advance multiplier should always stay at 1.000

hope this is what you are looking for.

#4 ·
Everything looks fine. IMO there is really no need for the AF Correction gauge. I would replace it with a boost gauge. And intake temp is fine. I never used that one either. To each their own, that is why there is so many options. But you have most of the important ones. Again, I would replace the intake temp or the AF Correction with the Boost gauge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.