Spring in Michigan... NOT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Spring in Michigan... NOT within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last Saturday I took the winter wheels/tires off the WRX and put the summer set on. It was nice to ...

Spring in Michigan... NOT

Last Saturday I took the winter wheels/tires off the WRX and put the summer set on. It was nice to drive this past week, but look what I caused. You can't see it in the pictures, but the snow is still coming down too.

Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (SubiSpeed LED DRL boomerang, OLM HID 5000K low-beams, OSRAM 5000K high-beams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint
    Other current: '92 Stealth RT/TT, '07 Avalanche LTZ
    Previous: '04 Saab 9-3, '02 WRX, '94 3000GT SL, '91 Eclipse GSX, '82 Porsche 931 (924 turbo), '79 Saab 900T, '81 Mitsubishi Starion, '80 Triumph Spitfire, '74 Saab Sonett III, '72 Opel GT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Snow happens....

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    As of this moment....I'm going Lapis Blue Limited with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS.

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar
    HehHeh . . . every time we get a nice bout of warm weather I think about swapping the snow tires and summer tires . . . and then I see snow or freezing rain in the extended forecast. Snow is in the forecast tomorrow (not a lot, but enough to make things slippery).

It still looks pretty brown on the ground here . . . no green grass. Crocuses just came up and bloomed. Maple syrup season is still going strong.

I am hoping by Patriot's Day to make the swap-over.

Bipolar weather has to be the worst. Soon as you think you can finally enjoy the warm weather and head out in some shorts, you wake up the next day confused as to how you need a hat and coat on when leaving out.

At least we're getting there! Soon enough, Lol.

So it was you!

Same deal here in Vermont. Woke up to about 1 1/2" of snow and it's still coming down. Good thing I still have the snow thrower on my John Deere. Looking like we'll have about 3" before it stops so I'll go out and play a bit.
    2016 WRX Premium
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500

So many roads----so little time/money

Today it made it into the mid forties (seems like summer) but tonight we are to get snow, freezing rain, rain, sleet...

I have a feeling that I'm going to drive the Avalanche to work tomorrow. A month after I got the WRX I found out how the summer tires don't work on ice/snow when I slid by my driveway with 1/4" of snow on the road. The winter tires went on a few days later. I'm not putting them back on this spring no matter what happens.
    Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (SubiSpeed LED DRL boomerang, OLM HID 5000K low-beams, OSRAM 5000K high-beams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint
    Other current: '92 Stealth RT/TT, '07 Avalanche LTZ
    Previous: '04 Saab 9-3, '02 WRX, '94 3000GT SL, '91 Eclipse GSX, '82 Porsche 931 (924 turbo), '79 Saab 900T, '81 Mitsubishi Starion, '80 Triumph Spitfire, '74 Saab Sonett III, '72 Opel GT

I Support ClubWRX
    Is well below normal down this way. No snow, but f'in cold! Spring might return in a week.

Tonight
    Mostly clear, with a low around 23. North wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light in the evening.

Wednesday
    Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Light southeast wind becoming south 9 to 14 mph in the morning.

Wednesday Night
    Showers likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. South wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Thursday
    Showers. High near 59. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Thursday Night
    Rain showers likely before 5am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. West wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Friday
    A chance of rain and snow showers before 8am, then a slight chance of rain showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday Night
    Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Saturday
    Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.

Saturday Night
    Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Sunday
    Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.

Sunday Night
    Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.

Monday
    Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.

Monday Night
    A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
    Tuesday

A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 64. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
    Moderator for: Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review, Detailing Forum, Engine Modifications, Exterior & Appearance, Mid-Atlantic States, New Member Hangout, Off Topic, Suspension & Wheels, Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

About once a week I start to think "I could change out the tires this evening" . . . and then I see the weather forecast and son of a gun if snow hasn't been in the forecast within the next five days. So far we've been lucky and some of the snow has just missed us, but we've been getting temps in the teens and folks forget that the winter tires are good for not just snow, but also the frigid temps as well.

That said . . . I really hope to switch over the tires on Patriot's Day . . . or at least that weekend.

Well the weather tricked CT too. It was in he 70's on Thursday and snow on Monday. Bad icy roads
    I've been playing chicken with Mother Nature, I bought my wrx the end of February and have not bought snow tires yet. I really shouldn't have driven to work a bit of abs and drifting happened but I took it slow and stopped early so no harm no foul
    Somebody wrote April fools on the window next to the water cooler everyone at the front of the office uses to check weather

Manic Monday Becomes Tricky Tuesday As Snow Turns To Ice - Hartford Courant
    The crashes continued into the afternoon. A three-car crash on I-691 West in Meriden was reported around 1:30 p.m. that sent two people to the hospital, including a minor to Connecticut Children's Medical Center, according to state police. The crash closed the onramp near Exit 7 until about 3:10 p.m., led to significant traffic delays and damaged 30 feet of the metal barrier on the right side of the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankscorpio View Post
    Well the weather tricked CT too. It was in he 70's on Thursday and snow on Monday. Bad icy roads
    I've been playing chicken with Mother Nature, I bought my wrx the end of February and have not bought snow tires yet. I really shouldn't have driven to work a bit of abs and drifting happened but I took it slow and stopped early so no harm no foul
    Somebody wrote April fools on the window next to the water cooler everyone at the front of the office uses to check weather

Manic Monday Becomes Tricky Tuesday As Snow Turns To Ice - Hartford Courant
    Yup . . . that was the snow that missed us. My mother-in-law in Ellington and brother-in-law in Stafford Springs ended up with several inches of snow though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.