2016 WRX Kicker Speaker Package
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2016 WRX Kicker Speaker Package within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone else have this? Thoughts? Did not want or need the H/K + Nav. So far I have been struggling ...

2016 WRX Kicker Speaker Package

Anyone else have this? Thoughts? Did not want or need the H/K + Nav.

So far I have been struggling with getting an eq that I have been happy with. Either the mids are non-existent or the highs are so bright they become painful/ fatiguing. This seems to be the same no mater the source. I have tired my iPod, Pandora, Sirius and had radio, all about the same result. I was able to get Sirius to sound the best but then pandora and my iPod sounded like crap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm no audiophile, but I put the full Kicker package in my 2015 and think it sounds great compared to stock and was a lot cheaper than the HK+nav of course. I listen mostly to HD stations and Bluetooth streaming from my Android phone.

Back when I got my 2015, I think that most of the comments I saw weren't that people thought it was bad, but that you can probably get an aftermarket system for a little less and that replacing the standard head unit is a must (not sure if that's still true with the starlink units). I just didn't want to deal with finding and installing an aftermarket system myself and am waiting on better/cheaper Android Auto HUs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The kicker speakers definitely have more base and are a lot cleaner sounding than the stock ones. I was amazed of how cheap the stock ones were when I took them out. I think all 4 door speakers didn't weigh as much as just one of the kicker ones. The magnets are really cheap on the stock ones. It won't be as good as the HK set of course but i think I picked up the doors and the tweeters for around $300 total. Heck of a lot cheaper than the HK upgrade and definitely is worth it

I did the full upgrade on my 15 when I had it. The sub made the biggest dif since it cleared up the mids in the door speakers and added a good little thump. Door speakers themselves sounded the same IMO. Tweeters cleaned up a bit but nothing to write home about.

IMO, Your merely covering up the problem by upgrading the speakers. Yes it will sound better, but the problem is the headunit itself. You wouldn't believe the difference a proper headunit/amp will do even with the potato speakers in the WRX.

Also, make sure the music on your ipod is at least 320kbps (Lossless is obviously preferred) Makes a large difference as well.
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

The music on my ipod is mostly cd quality or greater except for a few questionable tracks I have gotten from friends over the years, so I know this is not the problem. I should also mention I am not an audiophile but I do work with very high end systems day in and out (Mac, B&W, Classe, Sonus Faber, etc) so I know what a quality system sounds like and what my tracks should sound like. I also know that I am not going to get any of that from the subie, this is not the problem.

I'm really just looking for anyone who has this system with the starlink and how they tuned it. I did find some volume settings the other day that helped a bit but I think it can still be better. Im not looking for great audio just a little clearer.

Right now everything sounds okay but the mids are a little low, if I boost the mid eq everything else seems to be washed out. If I just turn up the volume everything comes up but then the speakers become to bright and its intolerable to listen to. Any other thoughts? I am not going to be swapping the head unit.

Instead of boosting the mid maybe lower the top and low end instead? I'm going to guess that most people who are even worried about tuning the eq are not going to try and do it with the stock radio. The stock radio is sub par, I don't think any amount of tuning the eq is really going to make it sound much better. It's like putting makeup on a pig.

Might I ask what you do for a living?

Does it feel weird being around speakers worth more than your car? lol (I don't mean that as an insult obvi, it's just crazy how much some of those setups cost! )
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

Hey there, 2015 WRX owner here. I keep seeing references in this and other threads about the "dealer Kicker package." Does anyone have anymore information on this? Is it an actual package that you buy from the dealer? Im assuming they'd install it too?

I'm also looking into a different head unit as that seems to be the main culprit of the meh stock system. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by goon1227 View Post
    Hey there, 2015 WRX owner here. I keep seeing references in this and other threads about the "dealer Kicker package." Does anyone have anymore information on this? Is it an actual package that you buy from the dealer? Im assuming they'd install it too?

I'm also looking into a different head unit as that seems to be the main culprit of the meh stock system. Thanks!
    Goon1127—When I ordered my 15 and ran down all the options available, it was in that list and my dealer suggested it over the much higher cost of the HK since I didn't want the nav head unit and was not keen on having to do aftermarket shopping/install hassle. So, mine was a port-installed option...charged something like $700—750 or so.

I recall seeing the components as individual upgrades when doing the build/price playing on the website as well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I bought the kicker tweeters and door speakers for $320 off of I think Patrick Subaru accessories. Took all of 35-40 min to put in. They are plug and play and don't need any wiring or harnesses since they are designed for Subaru. To me they were def worth it. Head unit is def next however for me

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.