Subaru WRX Forum banner

Straight pipe questions.

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  100plus2Vegas 
#1 ·
Okay, first off, please don't completely tear this idea apart, I just have some questions about it. I have an Invidia q300 cat back. I was curious would I be able to run Cobb stage 2 if I got a custom fabricated straight pipe from the turbo back rather than buying a downpipe and uppipe. (I know a guy who does it for cheap)

#2 ·
If you own the car in your avatar, you don't need an uppipe.

Your "straight pipe" idea wouldn't mesh with Cobb tune, because they require a catted downpipe. Do people run them with catless downpipes? Yes, but if you need to go to them for support, and you're running unsupported hardware, they have every right to tell you to pound sand and get proper hardware for the map.

#4 ·
Well.. not sure how a fabricated downpipe would pan out. I personally would just buy one if I were you. Then have your straight pipe go from the cat-back. I have a catless downpipe, EWG, stock mid pipe (resonator removed), and nameless muffler delete, it's obnoxiously loud. I wouldn't do it if I were you, I regret having the resonator removed. In fact, I just ordered the Q300 yesterday haha. The drone was too much to handle.

#6 ·
The only reason I was considering is because I know a guy that can do it for super cheap and I really just wanna see what it's like. If don't like it I would just put back on the q300 with stock downpipe and uppipe. Thank you for all the input!

#8 ·
The number one concern with a cattless turbo back exhaust is boost creep. You will get that, fuel cut, and PO244 code. The Cobb stage 2 OTS map is not going to help you. It doesn't matter if its custom made or pre fab down pipe.

In order to run this setup with the stock turbo, you will need an up pipe with an EWG, an EBCS and have it pro tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.