Subaru WRX Forum banner

loud noise in cabin

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  pizza_pablo 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have complaints about the road noise while driving. Wind noise road noise etc.. especially when I use rhe Bluetooth mic. I have a 2016 wrx base

#3 ·
I think that the Subaru is relatively quite soft, quiet and refined. Maybe an odd opinion, especially if you've experienced one with wider, aged tires that cause lots of road and differential noise. But I have no complaints. It's not a Lincoln, rather, it's an economy car. I've set my expectations accordingly. Find an older WRX or a more minimal car and ride in it and your car back to back. Maybe that will give a different perspective.

#8 ·
If your not zeroing in on "performance" winters, General Altimax Arctic seem to be good to go. So far, it's what I'm planning to buy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
The Generals are pretty gnarly tires, and really not bad when confronted with performance driving. Just dont go over 100 mph.

Regarding the noise. Come on guys, this is not a Mercedes. The Dunlops are really not that loud, what you are hearing is just general road noise due to the fact that the WRX has little noise dampening materials in order to save weight. I'm afraid that forgoing your Dunlops will not make the car considerably quieter.

#11 ·
In general the interiors of WRXs are just not the most quiet cars, it's just a fact. It's not a BMW or Mercedes it's a Subaru, a sporty Japanese econo box. I did find when I switched to Michelins that I was surprised how much quieter they were than the Dunlops, but still it's far from quiet in my cabin.

#12 ·
I found the same, on my '04 Legacy,when I bought General AS-03 tires. They were MUCH more quiet than the previous Federals or Hankooks.
This satisfaction with General tires led to my interest and research of the Altimax Arctic.

#17 ·
jfisch, that makes sense, all seasons tend to run quieter. Personally, I prefer having a set of summers and a set of snow tires. I'll take performance and a bit of extra noise over no-seasons any day.
Understood and agree. I live in a mild climate area and for the last year these all seasons have performed well enough for me in winter and summer. I would definitely say they have not been my limiting factor. When spring rolls around again I will be purchasing new wheels and dedicated summer tires, it's on the top of my list. However where I live winter tires are COMPLETELY unnecessary, I'll keep my PSAS3s for the winter.

#20 ·
Wouldn't be faster to determine a leak in a tire than post a question in the interwebs?

#21 ·
You know, I see all these posts and it makes me feel better knowing I haven't been spoiled by driving a Lexus or Mercedes. Coming from a Scion xB, I can't imagine the WRX being any noisier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.