wrx S4 in japan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx S4 in japan within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; anyone know what they do to the 2.0 motor to get factory 296 hp on the WRX S4?? It would ...

wrx S4 in japan

anyone know what they do to the 2.0 motor to get factory 296 hp on the WRX S4?? It would be nice if subaru when they do get those numbers on the US cars released the kits to get our 2016's up tho those numbers without killing our warranty

2015 Subaru WRX S4 | car review @ Top Speed

Type 2.0-liter flat-four
    Horsepower 296 HP
    Torque 295 LB-FT
    0 to 60 mph 4.7 seconds (est.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

THE Resident Non-shifter JaySin's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What I wonder is how the CVT will hold up over time since it's straight from Subaru. I'm also curious about the changes. Cobb stopped development on Stage 2 due to wear and tear/damage to the CVT long term.
    I'd be plenty happy with those S4 numbers.

edit: If those numbers become standard for the US WRX next year I'm going to be quite upset. That already happened to me once in 2008.

Thats why I posted this I will be pissed because I was going to wait for a STI with the 2.0 but with no rumors floating around I bought the WRX. I love the new motor. Clearly Subaru has got more power out of it than the US cars. Would love to know if its just a tune and if Subaru would ever release that or if there is hardware involved.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll assume it has something to do with emissions since we have, I believe, stricter emissions stds. With that said, there may be a different TBE and tune to go with it. I'm simply guessing though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I'll assume it has something to do with emissions since we have, I believe, stricter emissions stds. With that said, there may be a different TBE and tune to go with it. I'm simply guessing though.
    This is 100% accurate. The JDM models have fewer emission control devices such as TGVs and I believe their CAT's have more than 50% fewer cells which would greatly increase exhaust airflow. Just to name a few...
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
    This is 100% accurate. The JDM models have fewer emission control devices such as TGVs and I believe their CAT's have more than 50% fewer cells which would greatly increase exhaust airflow. Just to name a few...
    Don't they also use a higher octane fuel as their 'premium'?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Don't they also use a higher octane fuel as their 'premium'?
    No. 98 RON is essentially the same as 93 (R+M)/2 (aki)

People often confuse these two as the same.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Like others have said, exhaust, emissions components, and I would say a good chunk comes from a more aggressive tune. They don't have to worry about cars lasting as long in Japan. In the US, our expectations have gotten higher. 20 years ago, 100,000 miles meant trade in time, and before that, you were lucky to get 30-40,000. Now, a car is junk if it only lasts 100,000. Due to the laws in Japan, it's often not worth fixing their used cars so they just buy a new one. This means the manufacturers don't have to worry about longevity or that a more aggressive tune will put additional stress on, and reduce the life of the engine.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting theory...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Makes a lot of sense actually, bonesteel.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.