Subaru WRX Forum banner

Three Reasons Why Regular Subaru WRX Is Better Than STI

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Sanala 
#1 ·
This guy has a point.

From the article:
Should you buy the Subaru WRX or the big brother STI? Is 2015 Subaru WRX STI better than the regular WRX? The 2015 Subaru STI features a 2.5L boxer four producing 305 horsepower while the 2015 Subaru WRX has a more modern 2.0L producing 268 horsepower and peak torque at a low 2,000 RPM.

Photos and video - Three Reasons Why Regular Subaru WRX Is Better Than STI

See less See more
#3 ·
+1

Nice to see you. :)

The video guy makes some points that are debatable for sure... Like the price difference when comparably equipped.. But there can be no doubt that in current forms the WRX is better suited for more people hence why they make and sell so many more WRXs than STis. Otherwise it would be the opposite. This video does well to point out that the STi is not all things to all people though. In their latest forms the STi really isn't just a WRX only better, it is a different car in many ways. Obviously, some of the those ways are valued quite differently by different people.

That is of course all quite different than declaring the WRX is empirically better than the STi. Which the title purposely seems to hint at, no doubt as an attempt to provoke greater clicks. It is all subjective fairly though. You can always find at least 3 reasons why the STi is better than the WRX as well. Or better than XYZ car and vice-versa.

:)

#7 ·
huh... interesting...

well I do not have much to say about the CURRENT generation of the Rex but with the previous one... especially for the years 2011 to 2014... the WRX had a huge advantage over the STI for the street since it was lighter and had longer gear ratios... but that's about it... STI is still the big dawg...

good post and welcome back!

#9 ·
I can understand where he is coming from. My WRX definitely fulfills my desires to dart around, make queefing noises, looking half-decent for a car that feels like it's made out of recycled pepsi cans and melted down anime dolls.

Do I still want an STi one day? Yeah, for sure. Only if I can remove some of that lower-end lag though. Or if they do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.