Subaru WRX Forum banner

Car seat covers?

18K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  bodegabay 
#1 ·
Does anyone know any good csr seat covers for the 2016 wrx, just got it and got husky mats but also need seat covers now before it's too late. Anyone know of quality seat covers for someone who lives an active lifestyle like myself like going to the beach or just coming from the gym and my back is all sweaty. I know it's dumb but I would like to also have it since sometimes I have dog hair on my pants from my house. And I hate having it on the car

#6 ·
Coverking is great, I used their covers on a Jeep and they fit fantastically.

I just ordered covers for my 2016 WRX (I don't have the car yet) and went with CalTrend, because Coverking's online order system says they don't have a custom pattern for the 2016 yet. I'll update when I got both car and covers.

#9 ·
They cover just the front of the seat. They have a hole that go's over the head rest and drapes over the seat like a bib down to about 4 inches past the actual seat part of the seat. I use them for after mtn biking, to keep the sweat off the seats even after I change shirts. Also I can take them out so the car does not smell and wash them.

The only issue is that my dog moves around so much it bunches the cover up, I need to figure out a way to hold it in place, but that's not the covers fault it does fine with me.

#13 ·
Thanks for the link.
I didn't think about impeding the air bags in the seats, by using a cover.
I reckon a temp cover, for messy times will have to do.

#12 ·
For what it's worth, I did not enjoy neoprene seat covers, they make you super sweaty in any kind of heat.

I got and installed the CalTrend seat covers. They fit "okay." It was not like the factory-like fit the Coverking covers gave my Jeep, but the seats are differently-shaped and it's probably not possible to get the cover tight against a seat with bolsters. I still consider them kind of "meh" because the fit on the headrests could be better and I don't like the baggy storage bag on the back of the front seat covers (I'd prefer that pocket be tight and trim). As another FYI, from the factor, the holes for the LATCH connectors are covered with a velcro strip, but with the covers on you'll need to uncover the hole and leave them exposed.

There were also two fit errors which I've contacted CalTrend about: the rear middle headrest is "reversed" from the way it should be, so it's not possible to fit properly with wrinkles and some exposed headrest. There is also no hole for the seat release pulls, but this is fairly easily corrected with a sharp knife. I'll update this thread if I hear back about fixes for these problems.

#16 ·
I ended up getting the cover king ballistic canvas rear seat covers and they worked out great. Fit perfectly. Installation on the seat back was easy. The bottom you have to take the whole seat out; while not that difficult, I did have to watch some YouTube videos to figure it out. Not sure what you mean about any safety concerns with airbags in the rear; to access the LATCH bars all you have to do is pull the Velcro covers down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.