Fuel mileage on the 15s? and others?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fuel mileage on the 15s? and others? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Check out this. 31.2mpg! and at 323 miles I am above quarter tank! I will check the 31.2 when I ...

Fuel mileage on the 15s? and others?

Check out this. 31.2mpg! and at 323 miles I am above quarter tank! I will check the 31.2 when I fill the tank for the first time. But it seems as if this will be close. Holy **** batman; this car is awesome! 268HP on tap and also capable of 31+ mpg?? Incredible. And this is me driving 5-10 over most everywhere but slow and smooth going up through the gears. What are you'all getting?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0531.jpg   IMG_0532.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I'm getting around 24 right now. Its probably because i recently hit my 1000mi and enjoying the ride even more. I used to get around 27 before that. But when i got it off the lot at 17mi and keeping it under 4k rev and smooth shiftin cuz it was knew, i'd get around 30.

So basically, it wont last. Enjoy it for now.
    2015 WRX DGM Limited

I average about 20.5 MPG. My commute is some 11 miles round trip and it is all stop and go driving. I have not had many road trips, yet to boost the mileage. That will change with the Big Cat goes back off of lease and I use the toy as my road car.
    2015 Jaguar XF Sport
    2015 WRX Limited
    2014 Lincoln MKT
    Bye Bye to a Great Ride - 2012 Jaguar XJ
    2011 Honda Ridgeline

Proper number for bicycles, kayaks and cars is N+1

Quote Originally Posted by rqjoe View Post
    Check out this. 31.2mpg! and at 323 miles I am above quarter tank! I will check the 31.2 when I fill the tank for the first time. But it seems as if this will be close. Holy **** batman; this car is awesome! 268HP on tap and also capable of 31+ mpg?? Incredible. And this is me driving 5-10 over most everywhere but slow and smooth going up through the gears. What are you'all getting?
    Looks like you just came back from a trip . I have seen 32+ on a trip myself . The car has only 300 miles on it . To achieve that mpg in a short time you are not breaking the car in proper . It's late so I'm not going to go out and take a picture but since I bought my 2015 in August my gauge shows an average of 22 mpgs .
    2015 WRX Limited

Quote Originally Posted by WPuckhaber View Post
    Looks like you just came back from a trip . I have seen 32+ on a trip myself . The car has only 300 miles on it . To achieve that mpg in a short time you are not breaking the car in proper . .
    Nope, not trip. Each way to work is 37 miles, mostly highway but 3 small towns, 3 stop signs, 7 lights on the way. We could debate the "proper" method to break in but I get the general feeling/notion that there are many misperceptions out there on what constitutes proper break in. If you want, let me know and I can go into how I do it and the results on past vehicles. It could get very involved and lengthy though....

I'm at 23mpg vs my total odo (which is 1500 miles) and I have all city miles, virtually no highway. I also went pretty hard after the 1k mark. I was at about 26.5 before my 1k hit. I drive a 15 wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by rqjoe View Post
    Nope, not trip. Each way to work is 37 miles, mostly highway but 3 small towns, 3 stop signs, 7 lights on the way. We could debate the "proper" method to break in but I get the general feeling/notion that there are many misperceptions out there on what constitutes proper break in. If you want, let me know and I can go into how I do it and the results on past vehicles. It could get very involved and lengthy though....
    Also to your point of break ins, I have read many methods but none of which would allow you to get that mpg in this car on 350 miles. It just isn't proper by any listed method. That being said I think there is too much emphasis being put on break ins for new cars and I'm sure you'll be fine. I just don't see how that odo and mpg can fit into the criteria of any break in. It seems like your sitting in low revs at cruising speeds. Not hatin, just saying. As long as your enjoying your car and you take care of her, you'll get everything you want out of it. Love the versatility of our rex's

I actually just switched back over to see my overall MPG since i left the lot at 17mi and im at 24.8mpg. Thats cool with me.
    2015 WRX DGM Limited

32.4 mpg

For about a 10 mile section of my drive I am at 70 in 6th gear. I "cruise" this part of the trip. And doing this is fine - no breakage of break-in rules. Otherwise I am up and down through the towns and at stop signs, etc. And I have taken it up near 4K rpm a couple times and hit 20.3psi on the boost gage once. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT, the rest of the time and the vast majority of the time I short shift up at 2 -2500 rpm and coast a fair amount to lights and stop signs. I have 252,000 on my old Buick breaking it in and driving it the same way, and it still runs fine - just rusting away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0535.jpg  

32.7 indicated

Ok, on my first fill up and calculating miles/gallons, I got 32.3mpg. The car's indicator read 32.7 just before the fill up. So if everything was =, the car is slightly high on mpg estimates - BUT not much. And I did not fill up the tank the first time so if the dealer did not fill it up exactly to the quantity I did, this could even explain that difference between the car and the actual calculation. Bottom line is that the mpg indicator on this car appears to be very accurate. Much more so than in other cars I have had with mpg indicators. If I drove the speed limits, I could get 34 mpg in this car. Incredible. But as someone else said, "it will not last." The fun-factor will kick in and it will be hard to stay off the throttle.

mpg update

On my 2nd tank fill-up, the MFD said I was getting 35.4mpg. Calculation said 33.

'16: first refuel, the trip started around 13 mpg and climbed to 27.0 mpg, and I calculated 26.3.

I'm on my second tank now, and the trip currently is at 31.6 after about 110 highway miles. I saw a max of 32.2 so far. I haven't checked the lifetime yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.