Ramps
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ramps within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Title says it all. Anyone have a good recommendation for a set of ramps for a stock height 15 WRX. ...

Ramps

Title says it all. Anyone have a good recommendation for a set of ramps for a stock height 15 WRX. My old ramps are thrashed and to high anyways, looking to get a new set before I need my first oil change. I'd rather not go buy lumber to get my car off the ground. Thanks as always.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Rhino Ramps
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Rhino Ramps
    Plastic or rubber ones? I read they were slightly high for the 2015's, but then again the source was not a good one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Pair of RhinoRamps 6,000-Lb. Capacity/Pair, 12,000-Lb. GVW, Model# 11909 | Car Truck Ramps| Northern Tool + Equipment

I don't think you'd have an issue with these at stock height. I could be wrong though. Might want to get some measurements before you buy anything.
    My "Build" Thread!

2015 VW GTI

2006 WRX TR - SOLD
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I've heard nothing but good reviews on the rhino ramps. Not sure about clearance on the '15s... but you could jack up your car and slide them into place. I know that kills the convenience factor of ramps.. but it's still more sturdy than jack stands.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I've heard nothing but good reviews on the rhino ramps. Not sure about clearance on the '15s... but you could jack up your car and slide them into place. I know that kills the convenience factor of ramps.. but it's still more sturdy than jack stands.
    True story. I'd buy a couple pieces of wood before I jacked it up. I'd just saw them down and store them together. Want to avoid that if possible but we'll see. Thanks for the replies fellas

I have rhino ramps and they rub on my 14 WRX so I made some out of wood. They raise up only 3", but that's enough for most things and if I need more I made my wood ramps so they connect to the end of my rhino ramps. No more rub and greater lift.

Welcome to the Jungle jfisch822's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I use rhino ramps for my 13 hatch. plenty of clearance. Very stable and I can get anything done under the car I need to. worth the money for sure
    My Build Thread - "Scrappy Doo" 2013 Subaru WRX Hatch
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-hatch.html

"We're far from having too much horsepower...my definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear."

I Support ClubWRX
    Rhino ramps are great. Don't know the price compared to others but they're pretty lightweight and strong. If you have isdues with ground clearance, you can always put some wood if front of the wheels first to get it a bit higher off the ground and yhen drive up the ramps
    Stinkeye member 520

I got rhinos for 30 bucks. I'll be doing my 1k oil change next week. Woohoooooooooo.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.