2015 wrx boost question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 wrx boost question within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So ive had my 2015 for almost 2 months...i traded in my 2012 WrX. This car seems much much slower....now ...

2015 wrx boost question

So ive had my 2015 for almost 2 months...i traded in my 2012 WrX. This car seems much much slower....now if i step on it in 1st gear....it will put me back in my seat....just like in the 2012...however this is the only gear it will do so...

In my 2012 if i was cruising at 20 mph in 2nd gear and stepped on it...turbo would spool up and boost kick in and id launch forward and get put back in my seat...

This does not happen in my 15..ive tested this several times....all that hAppens is rpms go up...and i accelerate but not boost feeling (we all know what it feels like) it wont put me back in my seat...it only will in 1st gear...and sometimes in 3rd...

This car feels super slow and its very frustrating. And i just dont know if this is just how this car is now or what....i miss feeling exhilarating when stepping on it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Outside the 6 speed and harmon karmon stereo im seriously missing my 2012 now.....it isnt right

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I drove my buddy's '15 and pulled through the first three gears without problems.

Have you verified that you're not boosting by watching the boost gauge in the problematic gears/areas?

It's under warranty so take it to the dealer if it is not boostin'.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's in your head. The torque surge of an old-school turbo car makes the car FEEL faster. In reality, the 2015 is just as quick, possibly even quicker.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

What are your numbers for boost through the gears?
    My '15 pushes me back in my seat plenty well enough.
    My peak boost right now it 19.8psi.
    Member of the 2015 WRX owner black sheep club
    A WRX/STI beginners Guide:
    No one can decide if an STI or WRX is right for you. Drive them and decide.
    Yes, that requires a tune...
    Read your owners manual.
    Don't drive like an idiot.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
    What are your numbers for boost through the gears?
    My '15 pushes me back in my seat plenty well enough.
    My peak boost right now it 19.8psi.
    Please ignore the peak boost statement. You should be looking at the steady state boost. At what altitude do you reside?

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ zax is right. People have hit over 20 pounds depending on temp and altitude and some have hit way under
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Please ignore the peak boost statement. You should be looking at the steady state boost. At what altitude do you reside?
    I'm not using peak boost for much of anything. BUT, it's a really quick way to check and see if you are able to hit in the ball park for boost on these cars. Obviously it's better to watch the gauge and get a better, whole picture but often times while driving I have to watch other things...like the road.
    Member of the 2015 WRX owner black sheep club
    A WRX/STI beginners Guide:
    No one can decide if an STI or WRX is right for you. Drive them and decide.
    Yes, that requires a tune...
    Read your owners manual.
    Don't drive like an idiot.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's the glory of twin scroll. It may feel slower on the butt dyno, like Zax said, when in reality it's just due to a smoother power delivery.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

I get sucked into my seat. I know peak isn't much of a determining factor but my peak boost has gotten over 22. I usually reset it every drive and I'm around 18 or so, which is where I'm usually floating. I haven't had any issues in power delivery or boosting so far in my 15

I hit 22.5 psi at the drag strip 14.05 @ 98. Mph 60ft time 1.83

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    At what altitude do you reside?
    Altitude seems to affect the car a fair bit. Either way, a good tune will make a huge difference (if you don't care so much about the warranty).

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    completely sorry if this is "taking over" the thread but what boost level (in PSI of course) should a stock 2014 wrx have?
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    completely sorry if this is "taking over" the thread but what boost level (in PSI of course) should a stock 2014 wrx have?
    2014 Subaru WRX and STI research page: WRX, Premium, Limited, and STI, STI Limited, 4 door sedan, 5 door hatchback

14.2 PSI

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by Exhale View Post
    I get sucked into my seat. I know peak isn't much of a determining factor but my peak boost has gotten over 22. I usually reset it every drive and I'm around 18 or so, which is where I'm usually floating. I haven't had any issues in power delivery or boosting so far in my 15
    I should expand on what Zax was saying about the stock tune- you briefly spike at a much higher figure than target boost, but it's the figure which you sustain for any period of time which is important. Unfortunately the spike registers as a peak boost figure so you can't use the gauge to determine what you are really hitting at top. Target is 15.9 I believe, and that will be adjusted down in colder weather and at altitude.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.