Subaru Impreza Sport Hybrid announced in Japan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru Impreza Sport Hybrid announced in Japan within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would but this for my wife. From the article: In the United States, the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid ...

Subaru Impreza Sport Hybrid announced in Japan

I would but this for my wife.

From the article:
    In the United States, the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid utilizes a 2-liter boxer motor with 148 HP and 145 lb-ft (196 Nm), joined by an electric motor. The total hybrid system output is 160 horsepower and 163 lb-ft (220 Nm). A Lineartronic CVT box with 6-speed manual mode and paddle shifters comes as standard. Of course, Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with VDC electronic stability control and TCS are offered.

The same underpinnings should be found underneath the body shell of the Subaru Impreza Sport Hybrid. In terms of fuel economy, look forward to more than 30 mpg (7.8 l/100 km) city. On the styling front, the eco-friendly Impreza from Japan distinguishes itself from the gasoline-fed counterpart through minor aesthetic modifications. For starters, the large front grille that spans the width of the front fascia is mildly different from the standard Impreza’s three-section grille.

5 pictures and video in the gallery

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    looks good and pretty solid mileage and power, but I still rather have my own Rex than this!
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    looks good and pretty solid mileage and power, but I still rather have my own Rex than this!
    Solid power eh? I don't think the WRX has enough, so this is lame!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Solid power eh? I don't think the WRX has enough, so this is lame!
    haha I'm saying for a "hybrid" it's pretty solid... but for a regular car... especially people who are more "performance" oriented... it's just "meh" to say the least lol...

I Support ClubWRX
    For a hybrid this is pretty good looking. Practical and decent amount of power. Too bad it's not coming to the US (yet). My girlfriend will likely be getting the Crosstrek.
    My Build Thread - "Scrappy Doo" 2013 Subaru WRX Hatch
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-hatch.html

"We're far from having too much horsepower...my definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear."

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch822 View Post
    For a hybrid this is pretty good looking. Practical and decent amount of power. Too bad it's not coming to the US (yet). My girlfriend will likely be getting the Crosstrek.
    I never understood why they didn't bring these things to both the US and Japan since the US seems to always buy things from all over the place... should be a good market for them without a doubt...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    I never understood why they didn't bring these things to both the US and Japan since the US seems to always buy things from all over the place... should be a good market for them without a doubt...
    i agree. i think this car would do very well in the US market

"We're far from having too much horsepower...my definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear."

without a doubt...

they should also bring the wrx-s4 here too... I'm sure people would jump on that way too fast haha...

I Support ClubWRX
    Xv crosstrek hybrid sales would beg to differ. It's the one car we have that isn't flying off the lot right now. The problem is the subaru hybrid setup does not improve highway economy at all and doesn't boost city mileage higher than 30, although the little boost in power from the electric motor is nice. I wish Subaru woukd bring thier 50 mpg clean diesel xv over here instead. Did I mention it makes the same horsepower as our gas version but with 258 lbs ft of torque? That's over 100 more than the gas version, and I'll bet that diesel + subaru = a car that should outlast its owner. Too bad it won't happen due to rtupid egulations making it cost prohibitive.
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 05-28-2015 at 10:25 PM.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Xv crosstrek hybrid sales would beg to differ. It's the one car we have that isn't flying off the lot right now. The problem is the subaru hybrid setup does not improve highway economy at all and doesn't boost city mileage higher than 30, although the little boost in power from the electric motor is nice. I wish Subaru woukd bring thier 50 mpg clean diesel xv over here instead. Did I mention it makes the same horsepower as our gas version but with 258 lbs ft of torque? That's over 100 more than the gas version, and I'll bet that diesel + subaru = a car that should outlast its owner. Too bad it won't happen due to rtupid egulations making it cost prohibitive.
    Very interesting thanks for sharing. Yeah definitely wish we could have that diesel, that would be awesome!

Very interesting thanks for sharing. Yeah definitely wish we could have that diesel, that would be awesome!
    YES! Just going to reply this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.